Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:40 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,461 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone on here is planning to attend the rally against "Pastor" Charles Worley's Maiden, NC church this Sunday?

Also, I'm posting this here for everyone who didn't already know about it and wanted to make plans to be a part of this.

Whether you believe in equality or just don't believe that a supposed preacher should use his pulpit to preach his sick depraved fantasies about genocide, this is an opportunity to stand united in a PEACEFUL Protest against hatred.

Here is the facebook page for Catawba Valley Citizens Against Hate with all the info:
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Old 05-25-2012, 03:47 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,410 times
I say this whole pastor thing would have died off this week had you idiots not given him so much attention. The guys clearly a lunatic. I'm starting to wonder if people are bored or just stupid. Next people are going to have a rally against the "God Hates ****" guy. Give it a rest. Didn't your mommy ever tell you people that if you ignore the other kid, he'll go away?

I seriously doubt this guys voice has much of an impact on the hearts and minds of Americans. But then again, you allowed him to capture yours.

Ignorance is strength, I guess.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
There is another way besides going to this rally and positive impact way to get the message across.

read this wicked wonderful response A Wickedly Beautiful Response to NC's Latest Gay Bashing Minister -

Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I say this whole pastor thing would have died off this week had you idiots not given him so much attention. The guys clearly a lunatic. I'm starting to wonder if people are bored or just stupid. Next people are going to have a rally against the "God Hates ****" guy. Give it a rest. Didn't your mommy ever tell you people that if you ignore the other kid, he'll go away?

I seriously doubt this guys voice has much of an impact on the hearts and minds of Americans. But then again, you allowed him to capture yours.

Ignorance is strength, I guess.
Well first let me say that I really don't appreciate being called an idiot, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you.

Here's the thing, North Carolina is being looked down upon by the entire nation as a state filled with bigots, first there was the ridiculous Amendment One vote, then there was the "crack your kids wrist" jackoff, now this guy. This guy, who by the way is breaking federal law by campaigning against the US President. I'm not a native of North Carolina and I'm sick and tired of apologizing for this state. It's embarassing.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykayak View Post
there is another way besides going to this rally and positive impact way to get the message across.

Read this wicked wonderful response a wickedly beautiful response to nc's latest gay bashing minister -
love it!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:08 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Well first let me say that I really don't appreciate being called an idiot, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you.

Here's the thing, North Carolina is being looked down upon by the entire nation as a state filled with bigots, first there was the ridiculous Amendment One vote, then there was the "crack your kids wrist" jackoff, now this guy. This guy, who by the way is breaking federal law by campaigning against the US President. I'm not a native of North Carolina and I'm sick and tired of apologizing for this state. It's embarassing.
Well, as a native, I can tell you it's not our states business to pass out apologies and kiss ass every time someone from our state says something stupid. We're not California or Illinois. That's just shining a brighter light on the situation that shouldn't be an issue to begin with. The only reason this guys words are a big deal is because the media seeks divide and conquer. Like Rahm Emanuel says: "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Its election season, Amendment one passed, Obama's approval rating is low so he says he loves gay marriage. Every cause needs a common enemy so why not go after the bigot, hick, christian? Whether or not you agree with gay marriage, you can agree that man's opinion is crappy. And then somewhere in the article it states "O BTW Obama supports gay marriage".

End result: current leader looks like a hero.

Sorry for calling you an idiot. The only idiot that needs to be noted as such is the man saying commit genocide.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:08 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
I no longer reside in NC, I now have the privilege of living in SC. Where many still insist upon flying the Confederate flag. And here in Greenville, the county comission declared that they don't like homosexuals either. But, regarding the NC preacher, I just plan to ignore this whole embarassing spectacle, as well as the planned KKK rally near Statesville. But will probably watch the news accounts. These folks are allowed their freedom of speech, but I can choose to ignore their hatred and bigotry. And although some may criticize the mistakes of her husband, I do believe Tammy Faye handled the homosexual issue the best of any major ministry, and in the truest Christian fashion.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,891 times
All the guy's looking for is attention and publicity -- why give it to him?

Old 05-26-2012, 07:29 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,792 times
The only reason this made it into the news is because of the recently passed amendment. I assure you this same type idiotic drivel is said across this wonderful nation daily.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:35 PM

821 posts, read 1,854,944 times
Let's face it, if idiots like this did not exist, many reporters in the news business would have to do a little work to report news that is worthy of attention. When nut jobs like the "pastor" get ramped up on You-Tube, it helps the TV news people fill air time -- and you what -- like with the National Enquirer -- people are going to respond and watch and read the print pieces. That leaves important stuff like insane Washington and Raleigh economic policies to spin in the wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte