U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:52 PM

105 posts, read 177,535 times

Advertisements

I've decided its time to leave and I think I made my pick. I would like to live in the Lake Norman area. I have a few questions.

First
. I'm looking to rent. I am going to have a boat so I want to be close to the lake. I need a 2 bed room 2 bath and thats it. Are there apartments to rent on the water? How much would a house on the water be to rent?

If I go in the other direction are there any towns like have land for hunting or having horses near by?

Second.

Where is the closest place to hunt and going atving/dirt biking 4x4ing near this area?

Third
. I would like to settle down. I'm a 25 year old guy and want to meet some girls. Is Charlotte a good place to meet women?

Thank you for any answers. I'm really trying to get everything figured out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 02:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
First question you ask:
Apartments by the lake there is 'Lakeside Apartments in Davidson. I seen these out boating and they are definitely by the water in a cove.

The other I dont know proximity of closeness to the lake, they just state lakeside and that is 'Bexley at Lake Norman in Cornelius.

Second question the nearest public game land is in Catawba County (about a 20 minute drive)
Here a map where to hunt Public Places

Here a source on finfding ATV trails
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=....,cf.osb&cad=b

There is also horseback riding at Latta Preserve

Third question I cant help with.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 PM

5,884 posts, read 7,739,046 times
I lived at Bexley at Lake Norman. While they do offer a boat parking lot and are technically on the lake, unless you have a kayak or tiny rowboat you can't really take the boat out from the water where the complex is, and most of the view of the lake also includes I-77. Two bedroom two bath should be around $9something

There is also the Marina Shores apartments which do have a boat dock. Overall Charlotte is probably not the best place for singles but there is a bar (Rusty Rudder) pretty much in this complex if bars were where you were trying to meet women. The units were a little dated, but the lake access is pretty good...I think these were slightly more expensive than Bexley at Lake Norman.

Not 100% sure but for an actual house on the lake you're probably looking at at least $2,000/month. I would also look into people renting out their condos. Looking on hotpads.com it looks like there are several for rent in the $1000/month range in a community pretty much right next to Marina Shores off of Henderson Rd.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:38 PM

Like do they have ranch like property not to far from the lake maybe with 30 minutes or so? I haven't decided exactly what for yet close to lake or maybe a place I could have with a yard.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:43 PM

I'll have a jet boat

Old 05-27-2012, 06:45 PM

21,967 posts, read 27,252,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dakota View Post
Like do they have ranch like property not to far from the lake maybe with 30 minutes or so? I haven't decided exactly what for yet close to lake or maybe a place I could have with a yard.
Are we to assume that either you are bringing a job with you, or you are independently wealthy?

Old 05-28-2012, 01:47 PM

5,884 posts, read 7,739,046 times
Well 30 minutes from the lake is a much wider area than on the lake. So yeah there are houses you can rent with a yard that would be 30 minutes from the lake...what's your budget? However, most places where you are living in a house with a yard you'd probably be surrounded by families and thus it may be tough to meet women.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,623,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Well 30 minutes from the lake is a much wider area than on the lake. So yeah there are houses you can rent with a yard that would be 30 minutes from the lake...what's your budget? However, most places where you are living in a house with a yard you'd probably be surrounded by families and thus it may be tough to meet women.
He may not be able to date his neighbor but I'd venture to guess that most people didn't meet their current significant other from a neighboring house. Plenty of bars, clubs or churches he could meet someone at.

To the OP, parts of Mooresville and southern Iredell county would meet many of your desires in terms of location, maybe a little more rural, etc...

Old 05-28-2012, 05:48 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,954,665 times
Your best bet it to rent a condo on the lake. There are a large number of condos on Hwy 73 and at Exit 30 in Davidson. The advantage to this is you avoid the traffic woes further north such as what you will find in Mooresville. It's also a more desirable area.

If you locate in the Hwy 73/Exit 30 area there are several public boat landings, and numerous marinas that can keep your boat for you. If you are trailering your boat, you can also use the nearby boat landing to access Mountain Island Lake/Catawba River which increases where you can boat.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Thank you everyone. I am looking for houses and apartments near or on the lake or something with land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or