Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,737 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving my family to nc, I am originally from the south but have lived on the west coast for all of my children's lives they're 5,13, and 16 I am a licensed broker wanting to open a property management business. I AM looking for a good neighborhood with good schools, good location for my business. We are an African American family. We have lived in very diverse places and are looking for that also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:14 PM

36 posts, read 68,961 times
I am interested in the answer to this question, too. Thinking about relocating next year to the Charlotte area.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:48 PM

9 posts, read 17,030 times
Hi there, Charlotte NC is a great choice!! I lived there years ago, but moved back to Philly when my roommate situation didn't work out. My intention was to go back, but I wanted to try Raleigh, NC too. I live in Garner, NC - just 10 minutes outside of Raleigh. I love Raleigh, but I also love Charlotte too. I feel that one day I will be back drawn back to the Queen City (Charlotte). I love Charlotte. Lots more to do than Raleigh. More diverse than Raleigh. A city, but not with all the stress. Great schools. Lots of realtor opportunities. Cheaper to live than Raleigh. Go for it! I am happy for you! Many blessings.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:50 PM

9 posts, read 17,030 times
I am also african american. I am a female age 37. Charlotte would be great for you. Just research educational data. Not sure where you will find this, but check out the test scores and reputation. Great areas are the university area, NoDA, southpark.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,488 times
Default Relocating

I'm 36yrs. old and I'm trying to relocate as well. I thought University would be great because a friend of mines stayed there and her house was beautiful. Unfortunately she moved to ATL last month so now I don't have anyone to help me. I tried to reach out to different people to find out alot of info and some were nice and some people act like their upset people are moving there. Also I have two sons ages 14 and 16 and need to find a place for them as well.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:57 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narita View Post
I'm 36yrs. old and I'm trying to relocate as well. I thought University would be great because a friend of mines stayed there and her house was beautiful. Unfortunately she moved to ATL last month so now I don't have anyone to help me. I tried to reach out to different people to find out alot of info and some were nice and some people act like their upset people are moving there. Also I have two sons ages 14 and 16 and need to find a place for them as well.
I'd be happy to try to help you if you give a few more details about your situation

Do you know where you might be working?
How much do you want to spend on housing?
Will you be buying or renting?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:07 PM

37 posts, read 78,650 times
if you have kids move outside charlotte, the schools suck in charlotte unless you are in the south charlotte area....union county has great schools,cabarras county has good schools, and you also have formill sc they have great schools also

Old 06-09-2012, 03:06 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,040 times
Charlotte is awesome...just make sure you have a job before you come. If not, it can be a trap.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:00 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,720,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rereraleigh View Post
Hi there, Charlotte NC is a great choice!! I lived there years ago, but moved back to Philly when my roommate situation didn't work out. My intention was to go back, but I wanted to try Raleigh, NC too. I live in Garner, NC - just 10 minutes outside of Raleigh. I love Raleigh, but I also love Charlotte too. I feel that one day I will be back drawn back to the Queen City (Charlotte). I love Charlotte. Lots more to do than Raleigh. More diverse than Raleigh. A city, but not with all the stress. Great schools. Lots of realtor opportunities. Cheaper to live than Raleigh. Go for it! I am happy for you! Many blessings.
I too love Charlotte! Haven't lived there in 14 years, though, so it's a different place than when I was there. Loved your positive post on the city.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:43 PM

36 posts, read 68,961 times
Awesome reviews Can't wait to come check it out!
What is everyone's impression of the area(s) surrounding Lake Norman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte