U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,041 posts, read 13,105,221 times
Reputation: 2323

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
The posts contained in here are amazing. Quoting old testament to support claims today doesn't work as we don't live in those times.



This one is debated a lot, but John 19:11 contradicts this. Jesus said there is a greater sin. If there are greater sins for him, there certainly are for us.

Absolutely agreed we are all sinners and like Paul, we all sin daily.
Not exactly sure what you are trying to say, but,the entire chapter of John shows that the verse that you are quoting has to do with the crucifixion, not anything to do with sin as a whole nor the concept of homosexual marriage: John 19 ESV - Jesus Delivered to Be Crucified - Then - Bible Gateway

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2012, 07:34 PM
 
Location: NC
5,116 posts, read 1,807,975 times
Reputation: 2374
Not sure how what I was saying could be misunderstood. He said there was a greater sin. How you choose to interpret it is up to you (let each man work out his own salvation).

That verse in particular didn't have anything to do with homosexual marriage. The answer for that lies in I Corinthians 7:2 in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 07:16 AM
 
Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
1,019 posts, read 944,768 times
Reputation: 1758
Default when will this issue die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarq81 View Post
Lol. When will this issue die?
I hope it DOESN'T die...at least til things change here in NC. I'm embarrassed to tell people across the USA where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,016,830 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
I hope it DOESN'T die...at least til things change here in NC. I'm embarrassed to tell people across the USA where I live.
Well, I don't see why. I would suspect that most of the people you know live in states that have already passed similar legislation. Maybe they should be "apologizing" to you since their vote came first . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,722 posts, read 9,345,072 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, I don't see why. I would suspect that most of the people you know live in states that have already passed similar legislation. Maybe they should be "apologizing" to you since their vote came first . . .
lol.. I agree.

When Obama won the election I was ecstatic.. I know it's considered "racist" to celebrate the first black (half black for those who are technical) president but whatever...*sarcasm intended.

Anyways, a friend from college who moved to LA said it was bittersweet because Prop 8 didn't pass in Cali...

I thought it was hilarious because it was history in the making, something never seen before in America and somehow it turned into a "what about the gays" day.

Wasn't trying to be rude but I had to hit him with the reality brick...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,016,830 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lol.. I agree.

When Obama won the election I was ecstatic.. I know it's considered "racist" to celebrate the first black (half black for those who are technical) president but whatever...*sarcasm intended.

Anyways, a friend from college who moved to LA said it was bittersweet because Prop 8 didn't pass in Cali...

I thought it was hilarious because it was history in the making, something never seen before in America and somehow it turned into a "what about the gays" day.

Wasn't trying to be rude but I had to hit him with the reality brick...
Oh wow. For a portion of the population, perhaps they could only see the "glass half full," but no way anyone could be anything but in awe of the fact that history was being made in our time. Sad that sometimes, we get so focused on our own issues we lose sight of the forest while gazing at the trees right in front of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top