Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:05 PM

372 posts, read 659,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I just looked at Price's website...

Price's Chicken Coop

and noticed this:

ALL FOOD GUARANTEED SATISFACTORY

YEAH! That's a glowing endorsement of their food. But I do like their fish sandwich, if I hadn't mentioned that previously.
We ordered their fish sandwich once, IT WAS HUGE!!!!!!!! Also good. Love that place, as soon as I reward myself for being good on my diet, I'm gonna reward myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 04:26 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,971,985 times
Quote:
Nothing at all. But a guarantee of only the lowest possible acceptance level doesn't engender a lot of interest. Not much excitement there.
Huh? What more can a restaurant offer other than satisfaction?

Old 03-17-2013, 05:57 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Huh? What more can a restaurant offer other than satisfaction?
An outstanding experience? The best food ever? Maybe anything beyond acceptable?

If you ask someone "How was your meal at x?", and they respond with "It was satisfactory", how likely are you to make it a point to eat there?

Old 03-17-2013, 06:10 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
I just looked at Price's website...

Price's Chicken Coop

and noticed this:

ALL FOOD GUARANTEED SATISFACTORY

YEAH! That's a glowing endorsement of their food. But I do like their fish sandwich, if I hadn't mentioned that previously.
You are very passionate about picking Prices chicken apart.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Quote:
An outstanding experience? The best food ever? Maybe anything beyond acceptable?
No doubt, if they said, "Guaranteed outstanding" or "Guaranteed the best food ever" some fool would sue them for not living up to it.

I think the returning customers and lines out the door say enough, anyway.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Nah, I just like poking fun at things I see sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
No doubt, if they said, "Guaranteed outstanding" or "Guaranteed the best food ever" some fool would sue them for not living up to it.

I think the returning customers and lines out the door say enough, anyway.
This is true.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,648,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Pun intended ?

Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
They didn't say the meal provided will be acceptable. They said you will be satisfied. Big difference. Please stick to the point.

acceptable /= satisfied

Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
They didn't say the meal provided will be acceptable. They said you will be satisfied. Big difference. Please stick to the point.

acceptable /= satisfied
Anything less than satisfied would be UNsatisfied, or UNacceptable. Satisfied, or acceptable, means the absolute minimum to not be a reason to complain to the restaurant. If I am not satisfied, that is not acceptable. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever between those two words in this context. I made an observation of something I found a bit funny. You can accept it or continue to play failed word games. I could not possibly care less (that's how to correctly use the phrase, BTW) if you understand, agree with, or find any humor in my observation. This isn't about you, what you think, what you wish words meant, sticking to some point (irony there, lots of it), or anything beyond a simple observation I made. If you don't like my observation, move on. Please try not to make this yet another thread about you. There are plenty of those already.

Last edited by vmaxnc; 03-18-2013 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Anything less than satisfied would be UNsatisfied, or UNacceptable. Satisfied, or acceptable, means the absolute minimum to not be a reason to complain to the restaurant. If I am not satisfied, that is not acceptable......
Ahh. No debate on this.

However now that you bring it up, the corollary would be this. Satisfied includes "an outstanding experience", "the best food ever", "...anything beyond acceptable", (your words). If I have these things, then I am also satisfied. Your particular expectations were met, hence you are satisfied.

This thread isn't about me. I thought it would be of interest to you since you seem to focus on trivial such as the meanings of heating & cooling bills, picking apart common vernacular, etc. It's right up your alley. I was just trying to give you some satisfaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte