Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 4,741 times

Advertisements

I was in a car crash that was the other person's fault. There was extensive damage to my vehicle, I have neck and back pain and am currently on pain medication. It's only been a few days so I haven't been back to the doctor for a follow up, but the pain is getting worse so I am going very soon.

Please recommend a great lawyer in the Charlotte area who handles motor vehicle/personal injury claims.

I got a lot of letters and brochures in the mail in the few days after the crash, but that's all marketing and it's hard to tell the good ones from the bad.

I want one who doesn't just see me as a number and use form letters and all that. A lawyer who will actually work to help me out. Can any of these lawyers recommend the right doctor to visit to help my neck and back pain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:01 AM

958 posts, read 1,724,394 times
Charlotte NC Personal Injury DWI DUI Traffic Ticket Attorney Rosensteel Fleishman, PLLC

Corey Rosensteel, Esq. crosensteel@rflaw.net
Office: (704) 714-1450

Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,741 times
Thanks. Have you used this attorney before and had a good result?

In general, is it a good idea to avoid the attorneys who send out the mass mailings for every accident/police report they see? (Michael DeMayo, Campbell and Associates, etc. etc)

Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,714,237 times
My wife and I were sued after an accident and our insurance agency paid for our lawyer and told me he was their #1 guy. He was amazing. I am seriously trying to take time off of work to go back and watch him in action. He was that good. Not sure if he works only for defendants or only for insurance agencies but here is his contact info:

Kevin D. Elliott
Robinson Elliott & Smith
800 East Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203
704-343-0061
704-373-0290 (fax)

Old 06-07-2012, 01:36 PM

50 posts, read 183,691 times
why not try to handle the claim on your own and if the insurance company is not fair, hire one then. Why pay 1/3 to an attorney when the insurance company is probalby going to offer you the same offer they offer the attorney. You can always get one later.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 PM

335 posts, read 699,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpritc1019 View Post
why not try to handle the claim on your own and if the insurance company is not fair, hire one then. Why pay 1/3 to an attorney when the insurance company is probalby going to offer you the same offer they offer the attorney. You can always get one later.
They actually do provide a service in exchange for the fee, ya know. A service that most folks would provide to themselves at a less-than-adequate level.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:12 PM

50 posts, read 183,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
They actually do provide a service in exchange for the fee, ya know. A service that most folks would provide to themselves at a less-than-adequate level.
Sometimes they do. I worked in claims for 5 years and if the insurance company is a reputable one, they are going to be just as fair to you as they are to the attorney.
If you have a serious injury, then yes, they can help keep things organized. But in most accidents, they show up at the end to get the same offer.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
William Devin - the best in the area. Great track record and one sharp guy. Tenancious, intelligent, unrelenting - plus - he is a gentleman to work with.

Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer - Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Accident Attorney

Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 PM

540 posts, read 1,705,994 times
+1 on this - Why not see what/how you get treated before you get an atty? As long as you don't sign a release, you can always get an Atty if you're not being treated well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpritc1019 View Post
Sometimes they do. I worked in claims for 5 years and if the insurance company is a reputable one, they are going to be just as fair to you as they are to the attorney.
If you have a serious injury, then yes, they can help keep things organized. But in most accidents, they show up at the end to get the same offer.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:31 PM

958 posts, read 1,724,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbane View Post
Thanks. Have you used this attorney before and had a good result?

In general, is it a good idea to avoid the attorneys who send out the mass mailings for every accident/police report they see? (Michael DeMayo, Campbell and Associates, etc. etc)
Yes, trust me Corey is great! It's TOTALLY free to talk to them on the phone.

Yes, it's good idea to avoid those people. All they want to do is SETTLE and not go to court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: