U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:04 PM

3 posts, read 8,402 times

Advertisements

On the say so of a friend I changed my Home warranty service to Sensible Home Warranty and made the mistake of paying them in advance for a whole year as they gave a rebate if paid up front.

Well, I have been trying for a month to get service for a plumbing problem. The an air conditioning problem occurred 10 days back. Despite a dozen calls to them, no one calls me back. I have had to get the A/C fixed at substantial cost and they still have not sent a plumber.

Now I notice they do not even have an address !! I suggest do not ever use Sensible Home Warranty service and even if you use any one else DO NOT sign on for auto monthly payments or for a whole year. Tell them you will try their service and if you do not like it you want the option to terminate it. I am fed up and looks like I have lost over a thousand five hudred dollars (4 apartments) for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 03:36 PM

469 posts, read 877,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipmaster View Post
On the say so of a friend I changed my Home warranty service to Sensible Home Warranty and made the mistake of paying them in advance for a whole year as they gave a rebate if paid up front.

Well, I have been trying for a month to get service for a plumbing problem. The an air conditioning problem occurred 10 days back. Despite a dozen calls to them, no one calls me back. I have had to get the A/C fixed at substantial cost and they still have not sent a plumber.

Now I notice they do not even have an address !! I suggest do not ever use Sensible Home Warranty service and even if you use any one else DO NOT sign on for auto monthly payments or for a whole year. Tell them you will try their service and if you do not like it you want the option to terminate it. I am fed up and looks like I have lost over a thousand five hudred dollars (4 apartments) for nothing.
I know nothing of that company and never had to make a claim under the home warranties that came with our homes, so I can't contribute anything in that regard. Anyway, a quick Googling shows:
http://www.sensiblehomewarranty.com/contact_us.php

Sensible Home Warranty
1344 Disc Dr, Suite 221
Sparks, NV 89436

Toll Free Sales and Customer service: 866-959-2212
Accounts Payable Direct: 775-345-3095
Fax : 702-989-4636

Old 06-11-2012, 06:32 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,645,512 times
D- on BBB

Sensible Home Warranty, LLC Business Review in Sparks, NV - Northern Nevada and the Lake Tahoe Basin BBB

Old 06-11-2012, 08:04 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,448,659 times
We use American Homebuyers Warranty. Paid for itself over and over!! Best money spent in a long time!!!!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 AM

532 posts, read 1,567,229 times
We have Old Republic. We feel it's a good investment for our 37 year old house that needs lots of TLC. I think every year we've been in the house (6 years next month) we've had to call about something ranging from plumbing leaks to garage door opener replacement to heat pump replacement. For us, it's definitely peace of mind coverage.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 AM

2,090 posts, read 3,573,097 times
My take is that depends how handy one is at maintaining the house and how much that person wants to spend for the "peace of mind".

Even if one is not handy, if one could save the money for the "home maintenance fund" instead of paying a home warranty company, one should be ahead in long term.

It is after all just a bet which the Home Warranty companies need to win (so they stay profitable in business).

Old 06-12-2012, 07:40 AM

820 posts, read 1,531,066 times
Go ahead and file a complaint with BBB, regardless. Also, write the NC Attorney General's Consumer Protection (or something like that) Division. Send a registered letter to the company's office in Nevada - you should be able to get the name of the CEO with a little on-line research. Let the CEO know you have filed with the BBB and the AG's office. Also, I would copy everything to the Nevada AG and the office of the National Association of Attorneys General for their files and information. I suspect the national association has a newsletter or something like that. You may never recover your losses, but these companies and their CEO's regardless of how bad they are really hate to get under the microscope of state's attorneys general. It might not be a pound of flesh you would get, but you could be starting more than you imagine. Good luck.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:52 AM

335 posts, read 589,900 times
As with all other types of insurance, the rule of thumb is: If you can afford to replace it, do not insure it. If you cannot afford to replace it, insure it.

After the prmium and deductible, it has been my experience that there is no significant benefit to insuring (you call it a warranty) my refridgerator or water heater. This is a case where most are better off being self-insured.

However, if someone else is paying for it, i.e. a homeseller offers it to a homebuyer as additional enticement, then there are perhaps benefits to be gained.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
Thumbs down contractor

Don't anyone buy from them. We are a plumbing contractor and they do not pay. They don't respond because they do not want to pay the contractor although they authorize the job the contractor gets stuck without full payment. That's the reason why they don't respond because they are running out of contractors to do their work.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM

820 posts, read 1,531,066 times
To the original complaint - also file a complaint with the State Insurance Commissioner with a copy to the state Insurance Commissioner in Nevada. Anything that goes to the Attorney General and the BBB needs to go to the Insurance Commissioner because he is the person who signs the company's certificate to sell insurance in NC AND if they don't have that certificate, you need to have a chat withe person or agency that sold the original policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte