U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 AM

4,760 posts, read 6,407,764 times

Advertisements

I have seen rental prices going up in some areas. I'm not sure if there are lot of people who are afraid to increase prices or if they're just happy where they are, but there are lots of people who aren't increasing. We are going up on certain properties as leases come up for renewal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 AM

487 posts, read 656,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
According to our President & Governor " the business development" experts, we have millions of available jobs.
We have been out of the recession for years. Come on down.
And buy my house!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,457,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dakota View Post
Someone today told me that the charlotte job market isn't great the pay sucks compared to the rest of the country. Is this person and idiot or is there truth to that? I really love the area and plan to move to Lake Norman and work in Charlotte but want a decent job.
Like anywhere else in the country, how the job market will be for you here depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to: your field, your experience, etc.

I know several folks who have been laid off in the four years since we have been here. For a couple, it took 6-9 months to find a new position; others found a new job in less than a month.

As for "the pay" - same as above - it depends what kind of work you do and where you are in your career. I know a fair number of folks in Charlotte who make a decent, 6-figure base salary - mainly management and higher positions in the corporate sector. On the other hand, we know plenty of waiters and those in the service sector who make much less.

The job market is not homogenous so it is difficult to make a blanket statement about employment in the area.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:56 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,431,580 times
The Charlotte Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office is looking for detention officers. All the info can be found here.
Recruiting

Old 06-23-2012, 06:39 PM

7,180 posts, read 11,195,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakkie View Post
And buy my house!
No, buy my house!!!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 PM

105 posts, read 177,209 times
I'm trying to get into some type of sales. Right now I'm in electronic sales. And yes I dont have kids or a wife yet

Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 PM

105 posts, read 177,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Agreed. Charlotte is one of the worst places you can move without a job right now. Charlotte's unemployment rate is as bad as Detroit's when you factor in suburban Detroit (Detroit proper is much worse). Most of the jobs created around here since the start of the recession have been low-end service or call center jobs. Question for the OP. Why do you want to move to Charlotte?
I just like the lake norman area and could see myself boating and being able to go offroad in the national forest. I'm from NJ and that doesn't exist there. So I dont want to go back to NJ plus the NJ living cost are sky high

Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,940,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
The Charlotte Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office is looking for detention officers. All the info can be found here.
Recruiting
There is probably an endless demand for this job since I'm pretty sure this means you work in the jail. It has to be one of the most demoralizing jobs in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or