U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:17 PM

608 posts, read 1,335,751 times

Advertisements

Just saw a coming soon "IHOP" sign on the corner of Lancaster and 521 (right next to Goodwill). I thought that was supposed to be an ABC Store.....Can't wait for another breakfast place to open!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 06:06 PM

2,127 posts, read 4,277,870 times
The ABC Store is supposed to open in addition to the IHOP. I think it says something about our society with a Krispy Kreme, IHOP and ABC Store all within a 3 mile radius. It's the Lord wanting me to be a fat alcoholic

Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM

713 posts, read 1,351,732 times
But then when you get too fat for your clothes, you can stumble drunkenly over to the Goodwill and get some new ones!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 PM

807 posts, read 1,871,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
The ABC Store is supposed to open in addition to the IHOP. I think it says something about our society with a Krispy Kreme, IHOP and ABC Store all within a 3 mile radius. It's the Lord wanting me to be a fat alcoholic
On top of the fact that across the street from the IHOP/ABC is an addiction and rehab center.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:56 PM

441 posts, read 589,395 times
Well, I guess we know now where Infinitys Inn will locate their new place.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 AM

183 posts, read 189,047 times
I was excited at the idea of the new shopping center - I live riight down the road. I am disappointed by IHOP. There is one just a few miles down on Pineville Matthews by the mall, and in my opinion, isn't even really good to begin with. Besides that, there is an ABC a mile down the road at Ballantyne Commons and another liquor store less than a mile the other way right over the NC/SC border.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:08 AM
amp

518 posts, read 840,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTfromCharlotte View Post
I was excited at the idea of the new shopping center - I live riight down the road. I am disappointed by IHOP. There is one just a few miles down on Pineville Matthews by the mall, and in my opinion, isn't even really good to begin with. Besides that, there is an ABC a mile down the road at Ballantyne Commons and another liquor store less than a mile the other way right over the NC/SC border.
I agree, I would have liked something different from more alcohol and crap food. I'm not a fan of IHOP.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM

4,621 posts, read 5,178,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTfromCharlotte View Post
Not an IHOP fan either - I'll take waffle house over IHOP any day.

Love that liquor store just over the state line (Southern Spirits). I do a fair amount of my booze shopping there as its a quick drive from the office - they have an awesome selection of scotch and the prices in SC are cheaper than in NC.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:47 PM

8,410 posts, read 9,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Not an IHOP fan either - I'll take waffle house over IHOP any day.

Love that liquor store just over the state line (Southern Spirits). I do a fair amount of my booze shopping there as its a quick drive from the office - they have an awesome selection of scotch and the prices in SC are cheaper than in NC.
Are you talking food quality or entertainment value? I don't go to either more than a couple times a year, but IHOP blows WH away for the food, IMHO. But WH is often more interesting, usually because I'm only there late at night.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM
amp

518 posts, read 840,719 times
We moved from DC a couple of years ago and I keep hoping that the Silver Diner would make its way down here...they have good food and they buy local.

Silver Diner - Home | Silver Diner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte