Originally Posted by AnthonyJFranks
Hello everybody I've been trolling on this forum for some time now. Im interested in relocating from Houston to Charlotte. I have a wife and a small daughter. I've been working in Houston as an Accounting Clerk / Accounts Payable Specialist for the past 8 years. I have excellent work history and a strong work ethic. My wife is a RN. We both agreed that we would like to relocate from Houston to Charlotte. I have a couple questions for the locals.
1. How is the economy in Charlotte?
2. How is the economy in the nursing industry?
3. Although I have my own vehicle how is public transportation?
4. Which areas or section of Charlotte should I avoid?
5. What's the average price for a 2/1 or 2/2 bedroom apt between 900 -1200 sq ft in Charlotte?
6. How is traffic in Charlotte? Because Houston is just like NY with worst public transportation.
1. Much like the rest of the country. Sluggish.
2. I know nurses are struggling to find work, but there are some limited opportunities.
3. I wouldn't want to rely on it, unless I lived on the light rail... but it is not terrible.
4. It depends, are you more scared of being in debt or living around poor black people?
5. I haven't lived in an apartment in 20 years, but I'd imagine you can find prices from $500-$1500. If it were me, I'd count on spending $850-1000 or more for the right place
6. Traffic is great for me! I live in an urban neighborhood and *everything* is quick. If you want suburbia, well... get ready to idle in your air pollution machine for 1-2 hours a day.