Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times

Advertisements

There is a place in NE charlotte called Ciros. Small. Dad is playing the accordian and singing. Try looking in the shops at University City. Thee is a little man made lake there also. Food is good. ;-)

Sounds like the place you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
Ok I need some help. About 4 years ago I was in Charlotte (lived with my family there for 4 months) and I went with someone I met there to a beautiful Italian restaurant. I believe it was about 30 minutes away from Charlotte. I think the name was Corleone (like the Godfather). It is a small place. Family owned and run. The father plays the ocordian and sings and even takes request. It was great I was up there with him singing some old Italian folk songs. Anyway does anyone have any idea of this restaurant I am talking about? I sure hope so. I want to take my girlfriend there next weekend for her bday (we move to the area on monday) and propose to her. Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 AM

101 posts, read 300,709 times
Hey Sal....
I agree with the others Villa Antonio... Luce etc. .... but wanted to mention an Italian place called Firenze.... We ended up eating outside... I can't remember if there was music, but the wait staff was friendly and the prices weren't half bad.... its located off Rea rd. in the plaza with Trader Joe's (between 485 and 51)

Old 10-03-2007, 05:58 PM

216 posts, read 701,386 times
Sorry everyone for not posting sooner. We made it to my moms at 3am on tues and have been runnin around crazy every since. Our furniture is duw at our house in Rock Hill tomorrow. I have the ring stashed at my moms and her and my sisters have been drivin me nuts lol. I have my gf convinced marriage is something I will never do lol. I told her we have her son and we have a son togther, we live together for 3 years why do we need a ring, a peice of paper and a wedding. I love driving her crazy.
Bentley's looks amazing. My sister knows of one place in Charlotte sounds like Bentleys but I forget the name. I will go look at both and set something up.
Thanks everyone for all your help

Old 10-03-2007, 06:01 PM

216 posts, read 701,386 times
Ciro looks like it maybe the place I went to. It is about 25 minutes from my moms place. I will have to drive there and look as well as the other 2 places.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:53 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
Default Castaldi's

I hope I'm not wrong, but you may be talking about a restaurant which used to be at University Place several years ago. It was called Castaldi's and they sometimes had a singing waiter (or waiters). I think he may have sung operatic arias. It was a very pleasant place and I enjoyed going there. However, it is no more! I think this Castaldi family is the same as the one which has a restaurant at Lake Norman and Mama Lena's in Waxhaw. Let me know if I'm right, all you LKN and Huntersville folks.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 PM

674 posts, read 803,926 times
You are right, and they have sold all of their restaurants.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
Have they even sold Mama Lena's?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 AM

674 posts, read 803,926 times
Well, I am never in Waxhaw, but the east Charlotte location is closed as are all Castaldis.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:51 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
We just went to Villa Anontio sat night for my birthday and my Uncle's birthday..YUMMMM and what service...I would definately recommend it..My aunt wanted a bottle of Crystal, and they didnt have the one she wanted so the matire dee took care of it the next thing we know 20 min the OWNER of villa antonio shows up with a Chilled Bottle ( I guess for 80.00 a bottle they will do anything..lol..anyway we were real impressed HOWEVER the OWNER did say the South Blvd Location is very very romantic, than opposed to the Ballantyne One...so think abou tit and good luck with your proposal..

Old 10-05-2007, 04:25 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,425,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
.I would put Volare at the bottom because although it is a lovely restaurant, I did not care for the food. Overpriced and average.
Unfortunately, Volare has just recently closed. I thought the food was okay (not super) and definitely overpriced. Carpe Diem (not Italian), a few doors up, is awesome though. Also NOFO on Liz is really tasty too. (all are on the same block as Volare)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte