U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
1,067 posts, read 988,375 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Depends on how you measure success. For years the Hornets were a source of pride for Charlotte. Multiple attendance records. 7 times in the post season. Some great players who took part in the community. Big money made by many people in the city because of the team and its players. The owner screwed up a great thing, and it all went downhill in the last few years the Hornets were here. Yes, some of the players were asses, and the Hornets ended with a less than .500 win percentage, but all teams can't be winners on paper.
Well, unfortunately success in the NBA is measured on paper in terms of win/losses/revenue, there are no participation awards! haha

I loved the Hornets when they were around and they were scrappy, not really that great, but scrappy so it was at least a good time to go see them most seasons. Now you got the Bobcats who really haven't even been scrappy, much less good, in the vast majority of their existence. For basketball not to succeed at a high level in the Carolina's just seems wrong given the strong support the game has here so maybe my bar is a little too high.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
7,005 posts, read 3,380,720 times
Reputation: 2417
Bobcats.. or should I say... Cats! are thinking of moving down in the first. I have a feeling they want Barnes and he should be available around 8 or 10...

2012 NBA draft -- Charlotte Bobcats considering trading down from No. 2 pick - ESPN

also revealed new uni's

Bobcats Big Changes – a New Coach and New Uniforms | BOBCATS BASELINE
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM
 
335 posts, read 309,970 times
Reputation: 293
I understand the resentment of Bob Johnson, and I realize this is just a uni change, not an official name change, but the name CATS is even worse than Bobcats IMO.

The new colors are a definite improvement though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
7,005 posts, read 3,380,720 times
Reputation: 2417
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
I understand the resentment of Bob Johnson, and I realize this is just a uni change, not an official name change, but the name CATS is even worse than Bobcats IMO.

The new colors are a definite improvement though.
meow?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 12:15 PM
 
335 posts, read 309,970 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
meow?
Touche.

Yes. When I hear Bobcats, I don't think of Bob Johnson; I think of a small wildcat.

And when I hear CATS, I don't think of Bobcats; I think of a domesticated house cat.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,908 posts, read 1,579,611 times
Reputation: 2587
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
Touche.

Yes. When I hear Bobcats, I don't think of Bob Johnson; I think of a small wildcat.

And when I hear CATS, I don't think of Bobcats; I think of a domesticated house cat.
so what you're saying is, switching the name to the Cats, is a good move for now?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
 
8,410 posts, read 8,543,131 times
Reputation: 6432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Well, unfortunately success in the NBA is measured on paper in terms of win/losses/revenue, there are no participation awards! haha

I loved the Hornets when they were around and they were scrappy, not really that great, but scrappy so it was at least a good time to go see them most seasons. Now you got the Bobcats who really haven't even been scrappy, much less good, in the vast majority of their existence. For basketball not to succeed at a high level in the Carolina's just seems wrong given the strong support the game has here so maybe my bar is a little too high.
No doubt about that. It has been sad.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 01:48 PM
 
335 posts, read 309,970 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
so what you're saying is, switching the name to the Cats, is a good move for now?
Quite the opposite.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
7,005 posts, read 3,380,720 times
Reputation: 2417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Well, unfortunately success in the NBA is measured on paper in terms of win/losses/revenue, there are no participation awards! haha

I loved the Hornets when they were around and they were scrappy, not really that great, but scrappy so it was at least a good time to go see them most seasons. Now you got the Bobcats who really haven't even been scrappy, much less good, in the vast majority of their existence. For basketball not to succeed at a high level in the Carolina's just seems wrong given the strong support the game has here so maybe my bar is a little too high.
I thought the Bobcats were pretty scrappy when they had Stephen Jackson and G. Wallace...

If the Bobcats would be a huge success if they could get ACC officials to ref their games.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
7,005 posts, read 3,380,720 times
Reputation: 2417
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
Quite the opposite.
First thing that came to my mind is the cats you see on funniest home videos...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top