Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:52 AM

310 posts, read 672,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Quite a common sense stance.

Unfortunately the "new-brand" tea party inspired conservative would be happy to watch the entire country burn... Just so they can blame it on Obama! They are nearly comical in their frothy maniacal tirades.
Me personally, I'd be happy to watch it all burn... Just so a country more Freedom & Liberty oriented could rise from the ashes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,027,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
Me personally, I'd be happy to watch it all burn... Just so a country more Freedom & Liberty oriented could rise from the ashes.
Out of curiosity - how do you know that's what would happen after "it all burn"s? How do you know it would be a positive thing? Seems like an awful big stretch and gamble... especially when you consider history. When Germany "burned" from an economic perspective (Weimer Republic), what rose to power from those ashes - under the guise of "Freedom & Liberty"? Here's a hint - he had a funny little mustache.

Be careful what you wish for...

Old 06-30-2012, 10:22 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,973,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Quite a common sense stance.

Unfortunately the "new-brand" tea party inspired conservative would be happy to watch the entire country burn... Just so they can blame it on Obama! They are nearly comical in their frothy maniacal tirades.
As I said earlier in the topic, there is plenty of bashing the messenger, but the message isn't addressed. This is what people do who don't have much of a valid counter argument. This unfortunately is what passes for any kind of debate in this country and especially by those who label themselves as progressives.

As for me, I take no stand on these issues. The OP started a topic and I'm just contributing where I think there is an interest.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
A UK tabloid... really? Great source. Let's get our "news" from the National Enquirer next
It's been around since 1896 so I suppose you are not really that experienced with it. Like I said in the last post. It's easy to attack the messenger but quite another matter to address the message.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:38 AM

116 posts, read 216,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Out of curiosity - how do you know that's what would happen after "it all burn"s? How do you know it would be a positive thing? Seems like an awful big stretch and gamble... especially when you consider history. When Germany "burned" from an economic perspective (Weimer Republic), what rose to power from those ashes - under the guise of "Freedom & Liberty"? Here's a hint - he had a funny little mustache.

Be careful what you wish for...
Actually, when you consider history, the guy with the funny little mustache promised the people a return to the glory days when the economy was better... so I'm watching the guy (obama/romney-same thing) who wants to build america back up, because what are we going to BUILD BACK UP INTO? that's the real question, it will never be the america we remembered...so i'm with the first guy let the motherf*$#er burn, and like a phoenix, arise from the ashes, anyone who really cares about their country, and really knows history, probably feels the same way to say we'll be ok is kidding yourself.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 AM

116 posts, read 216,882 times
There's a lot of people who don't have too much to lose anyway, let go and interesting things may happen here...

Old 06-30-2012, 11:12 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Lol... if this country burns it won't be better a second time around. Who do you think will rebuild America? The angry tea partiers who keep running their own off every chance they get? It will be the men with the money and the power.

Anyone who wants this country to burn can start with their own house...

Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
As I said earlier in the topic, there is plenty of bashing the messenger, but the message isn't addressed. This is what people do who don't have much of a valid counter argument. This unfortunately is what passes for any kind of debate in this country and especially by those who label themselves as progressives.

As for me, I take no stand on these issues. The OP started a topic and I'm just contributing where I think there is an interest.
No one is bashing the messenger and there is nothing to debate or of interest in the story. Those who label themselves as non-progressives are too busy looking for an "ah-ha" or "gotcha" moment - and riding around trumpeting themselves as "true patriots" and "real americans"....so what the hell am I? After all I did serve my country, honorable discharge, etc.

The OP is obviously hoping for the DNC to "fail" in Charlotte so any biased so-called news article is on their radar. Again, there is nothing to debate, the DNC is Charlotte is going to be huge success, I know that makes some people sick on the stomach....try a little pepto bismol.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:42 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,027,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
It's been around since 1896 so I suppose you are not really that experienced with it. Like I said in the last post. It's easy to attack the messenger but quite another matter to address the message.
You're not referring to a messenger - it's not a "message"... It's an opinion piece based on sensationalism to sell papers. A corporate owned tabloid from a country known for horrendous "reporting" practices is not a good reference - no matter how long they've been around.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
The OP is obviously hoping for the DNC to "fail" in Charlotte so any biased so-called news article is on their radar.
So if you have indeed concluded this, then the question is raised on why do you continue to participate in this topic? It seems to me that it's even a bigger folly for you to bash every news link posted here by using the same bad tactics that you accuse the "biased news sources" of having committed.

Which news source, BTW, do you consider "non biased"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte