U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,938,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
You're not referring to a messenger - it's not a "message"... It's an opinion piece based on sensationalism to sell papers. A corporate owned tabloid from a country known for horrendous "reporting" practices is not a good reference - no matter how long they've been around.
I'll ask you the same question. What is your list of acceptable and approved news sources for the people of Charlotte to be reading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 02:58 PM

11,715 posts, read 9,333,755 times
News sources that make their money stirring the political pot aren't the best sources for reports on the DNC. The people of Charlotte care about the DNC attendance, violence by demonstrators and making sure the event is a success.

Most of Charlotte doesn't care if 3 representives from WV don't show up due to close elections... we care if the hotels aren't booked or if turnout projections are low.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:20 PM

150 posts, read 282,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I didn't twist anything. I simply stated what WSOC stated and gave the background of who said it. If people wish to believe this is some sort of slam against the DNC, that is their concern. I could have offered an opinion on what it means, but I didn't.

The telling tale will be to see what Larry Kissell does. He is the only member of congress in this area who actually has to run in a competitive district.
And apparently he his "kissed off" the DNC and Obama camp too.

Another N.C. Dem. Refuses to Endorse Obama | The Weekly Standard

Old 07-05-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrm View Post
And apparently he his "kissed off" the DNC and Obama camp too.
Yep. I wonder if there has ever been a DNC convention, where an incumbent congressman and party delegate, having said convention in his home district, refuses to attend the convention? Oh well no matter. It's pretty clear what this really means and politicians will be politicians.

I think more interesting to people who like this sort of thing is what STL paper recently said about CLT's efforts concerning the convention. (sounds like sour grapes to me)

Editorial Short Take: Hey DNC, wishing you were meeting in St. Louis?

Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 AM

If Kissells district wasn't rezoned by the GOP he would be first in line to hug Obama at the DNC.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If Kissells district wasn't rezoned by the GOP he would be first in line to hug Obama at the DNC.
IMO, all districts in NC should be redrawn like Kissell's as to be competitive. It's certainly better than the other two gerrymandered districts here that keep sending back the same democrat and same republican back year after year regardless of their record.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 AM

3,450 posts, read 3,129,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Yep. I wonder if there has ever been a DNC convention, where an incumbent congressman and party delegate, having said convention in his home district, refuses to attend the convention? Oh well no matter. It's pretty clear what this really means and politicians will be politicians.

I think more interesting to people who like this sort of thing is what STL paper recently said about CLT's efforts concerning the convention. (sounds like sour grapes to me)

Editorial Short Take: Hey DNC, wishing you were meeting in St. Louis?
Sour grapes and childish journalism.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 AM

3,450 posts, read 3,129,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Again, Larry who? Other than right wing mouth-pieces trying to make a big deal out of it, nobody cares. It will not impact Charlotte's image, the DNC or Obama's re-election campaign.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Again, Larry who? Other than right wing mouth-pieces trying to make a big deal out of it, nobody cares. It will not impact Charlotte's image, the DNC or Obama's re-election campaign.
LOL... I agree.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Again, Larry who? ...nobody cares.
He is NC's congressman from the 8th congressional district. His district includes Plaza-Midwood, Elizabeth, Chantilly, the edge of Dilworth, and neighborhoods stretching from there out to the county line, I think a lot of of people might be interested in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or