Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
He is NC's congressman from the 8th congressional district. His district includes Plaza-Midwood, Elizabeth, Chantilly, the edge of Dilworth, and neighborhoods stretching from there out to the county line, I think a lot of of people might be interested in it.
I seriously wonder how the DNC will manage without him? You said it best, a politician being a politician....add a juicy scandal or newsflash: Larry's coming out-of-the-closet....anything to add value to the term "interesting".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,974,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I seriously wonder how the DNC will manage without him?
I didn't seek to answer that question. I was answering "who cares" and "who is he".

Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I didn't seek to answer that question. I was answering "who cares" and "who is he".
Come on man, I was being sarcastic when I tossed out the question "who is he" in the literally sense, those of us moderately aware of the local political scene know the name and a bit about regional district house reps. But in terms of regional or national significance which is the appeal of the DNC, it will not register on the global news radar....really, "who is he"?

National political conventions are too enormous and broad in agenda to give a hoot about local politics. No, I responded to "who cares".....see previous post.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
.....But in terms of regional or national significance which is the appeal of the DNC, it will not register on the global news radar....really, "who is he"?

National political conventions are too enormous and broad in agenda to give a hoot about local politics. No, I responded to "who cares".....see previous post.
Well, the Congressional Black Caucus went on the warpath with Kissell yesterday over the entire issue. They are calling him a traitor for not supporting Obama (kissell's statement on why he wasn't attending) and Obamacare and voting for holding Eric Holder in contempt of congress.

As far as a national news outlet a quick search revealed this.

Grapevine: 'Green Navy' initiative going full steam ahead

If I lived in Kissell's district, I would vote for him. Nice to see a politician who doesn't automatically follow the party line.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Well, the Congressional Black Caucus went on the warpath with Kissell yesterday over the entire issue. They are calling him a traitor for not supporting Obama (kissell's statement on why he wasn't attending) and Obamacare and voting for holding Eric Holder in contempt of congress.

As far as a national news outlet a quick search revealed this.

Grapevine: 'Green Navy' initiative going full steam ahead

If I lived in Kissell's district, I would vote for him. Nice to see a politician who doesn't automatically follow the party line.
Who is he again? His days seem to be numbered as a politician without this strategy. Do you think this is what he truly believes or just trying to get re-elected? I'm not voting for someone based on the flip-flop principle or because they've all of a sudden seen the light.

No worries, with the district realignment (GOP influence) some tea-party type will come along and pound him into submission. From my perspective, he's pandering to the new base, probably his only chance of sticking around. This happens quite a bit in politics, especially with moderates...see Arlen Spector.

Nothing new and quite frankly, if the demographics of his political base remained the same I highly doubt we'd have the knew Larry.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:

LOL... you are an easy mark that's why.

Not following the "party line" is the only way he will be elected due to redistricting.

However, he actually IS following the party line... Obama knows some Dems have to bash him or keep their distance due to the gains made in 2010... once elected they will fall back in line and everyone will scream traitor and never again.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon among Republicans planning to skip GOP convention | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

More politicians doing whatever it takes to get re-elected. McMahon said "if she wins" she isn't going. LOL...

I think the strip club upgrades are a good indicator of the success and buzz the DNC has this year.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
LOL... you are an easy mark that's why.
No, I'm not blinded by party politics, that's why. I won't get into a debate here over specific politicians as that isn't allowed.

You seem to be pretty loose with the insulting commentary the last few times you have responded to me. My recommendation is to report me for breaking the rules if you think I'm doing something wrong, DM me if something I said has you worked up and we can try to work it out, or just give it a rest.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM

You were the one who said you would vote for Liddell because he doesn't tow the party line...

Sorry if I offended you but I think its hilarious that you would vote for a guy because he is saying whatever it takes to get re-elected in a GOP leaning district.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You were the one who said you would vote for Liddell because he doesn't tow the party line Sorry if I offended you but I think its hilarious that you would vote for a guy because he is saying whatever it takes to get re-elected in a GOP leaning district.
Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else. I don't know who Liddell might be. I take no offense from what you posted as that would require me to regard you with some sort of respect. The reason I said to please resolve your issues instead of making posts that serve no purpose but to insult, is those kinds are posts are a waste of time on the forum. I'm sure that your opinion of me isn't very interesting to anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte