U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 AM

5,864 posts, read 7,687,263 times

Advertisements

I don't believe there are any complexes east of I-77 at exit 25 (where Birkdale is just west of I-77). There are a couple just east of 77 at exit 23, which might be a slightly easier commute because the intersection of 73 and Statesville Rd. can be a mess at times.

You should be able to find some 1 BR's for around $750...but not in the apartments above the shops.

As far as the ones off exit 23, I'm not familiar with them, but it looks like there is a place with the very original name of Huntersville Apartments that starts at $575/month. I would probably be a little weary of a place that cheap, and one site I like to use is apartmentratings.com where it didn't exactly get rave reviews. There is a place called Huntersville Commons which starts at $660 and got slightly better but still not great reviews. And there is a place called Parkview Apartments which got very good reviews but I don't see much about the pricing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 07:15 AM

14 posts, read 17,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abri07 View Post
Very True! Unless you got a room mate or lived in huntersville near Birkdale. But then I would live in the area you asked about because its more afforable and you can get to Birkdale in 15 mins from my place and your not as far from uptown and the city.

Another really cool place is Worthington which starts at $756, but its nice and there are a lot of young people.
Ok great! I'm glad to hear that I have more options. I will check those out.

Quote:
There are some families (not a lot), some older people, and some young people so it's mixed. I do go uptown and to plaza midwood for fun. Noda is Only 15 mins away and I can get to south park in 35 so its not bad and it's safe and affordable.

I have lived here for 2 years and I loved it! We are only moving because we need more space and there are NO 2 bedrooms open and 3 bedrooms are just too expensive. Check them out and if have questions just let me know.
Oh, good I'm glad you enjoy it. I toured the Bexley near Concord mills. Are you talking about the Bexley Creekside?

Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 AM

162 posts, read 187,388 times
I do not love the outside look of Bexley Concord at all, the staff is friendly there most of the time I heard. I'm talking about Bexley Greenway. If you check it out let me know. My bf does business with them and some people in the office are better to work with. When are you looking to move?

</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="Copyright 2012, Weinstein Management Co., Inc."> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Weinstein Properties provides quality apartments for rent
Here's the link to their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilting View Post
Ok great! I'm glad to hear that I have more options. I will check those out.

Oh, good I'm glad you enjoy it. I toured the Bexley near Concord mills. Are you talking about the Bexley Creekside?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I don't believe there are any complexes east of I-77 at exit 25 (where Birkdale is just west of I-77). There are a couple just east of 77 at exit 23, which might be a slightly easier commute because the intersection of 73 and Statesville Rd. can be a mess at times.

You should be able to find some 1 BR's for around $750...but not in the apartments above the shops.

As far as the ones off exit 23, I'm not familiar with them, but it looks like there is a place with the very original name of Huntersville Apartments that starts at $575/month. I would probably be a little weary of a place that cheap, and one site I like to use is apartmentratings.com where it didn't exactly get rave reviews. There is a place called Huntersville Commons which starts at $660 and got slightly better but still not great reviews. And there is a place called Parkview Apartments which got very good reviews but I don't see much about the pricing.
Ok thanks I'll check those out...I've kind of had to stop paying attention to apartmentratings.com. They are always filled with people saying "RUN don't walk away from these apartments!!!!!" The only ones that get acceptable reviews are the really expensive luxury apartments it seems. I'm hoping all those apartments aren't really that terrible, because I'll probably have to live in one. But you're right, Parkview does seem to get better reviews.

Quote:
I do not love the outside look of Bexley Concord at all, the staff is friendly there most of the time I heard. I'm talking about Bexley Greenway. If you check it out let me know. My bf does business with them and some people in the office are better to work with. When are you looking to move?

</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="Copyright 2012, Weinstein Management Co., Inc."> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Weinstein Properties provides quality apartments for rent
Here's the link to their website.

Cool, I'd definitely be interested in checking that one out. I will be moving at the end of July (coming up soon!)

Is the area around it nice? I have read on this forum that Harris might be a place to avoid..but is that really just the east end of it?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:39 AM

5,864 posts, read 7,687,263 times
Quote:
Ok thanks I'll check those out...I've kind of had to stop paying attention to apartmentratings.com. They are always filled with people saying "RUN don't walk away from these apartments!!!!!" The only ones that get acceptable reviews are the really expensive luxury apartments it seems. I'm hoping all those apartments aren't really that terrible, because I'll probably have to live in one. But you're right, Parkview does seem to get better reviews.
Yeah, for the most part I've found that anything around 50% or better is usually pretty good.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Cool, I'd definitely be interested in checking that one out. I will be moving at the end of July (coming up soon!)

Is the area around it nice? I have read on this forum that Harris might be a place to avoid..but is that really just the east end of it?

Yes, the area is nice and safe. It's far enough away from the school (UNCC) so you don't have to worry as much about petty crime. We have lived here 2 years, I come home late a lot of nights and I feel comfortable. I wish we could stay here, but we really need more room.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM

12,377 posts, read 7,429,339 times
Quote:
I lived at Bexley Concord about 2-3 years ago. There are A LOT of kids that live in that complex. I would say a majority of the people living there seemed to be families with school aged kids. And don't be fooled with the complex being "gated." The back gate that goes out into Concord Mills parking lot was broken the majority of the time. I lost my gate key after a few months, and never got it replaced because it wasn't needed. Why pay $100 when I can still get in anytime I want? We ended up moving from Bexley Concord because are apartment complex backed up to the Mill's overflow parking lot, and we had some safety concerns after a few incidents happened in that parking lot.

We ended up moving over to Bexley Greenway. I really liked the apartments there, and it was a great location. Greenway is very convenient to both 85 and 77, so it was easy to get places in Charlotte. Being right of of Harris and Mallard Creek also meant easy access to Concord Mills, Northlake Mall, and the University area. And if you like to bike, the greenway trail is right there with an access point in the complex.

We had also looked into living at Bexley Creekside, but I didn't like it at all. The apartments didn't look as nice, and I didn't like the location. Yes, its only about 2 miles further up Harris, but I always thought Harris felt a little run-down around Sugar Creek.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I lived at Bexley Concord about 2-3 years ago. There are A LOT of kids that live in that complex. I would say a majority of the people living there seemed to be families with school aged kids. And don't be fooled with the complex being "gated." The back gate that goes out into Concord Mills parking lot was broken the majority of the time. I lost my gate key after a few months, and never got it replaced because it wasn't needed. Why pay $100 when I can still get in anytime I want? We ended up moving from Bexley Concord because are apartment complex backed up to the Mill's overflow parking lot, and we had some safety concerns after a few incidents happened in that parking lot.

We ended up moving over to Bexley Greenway. I really liked the apartments there, and it was a great location. Greenway is very convenient to both 85 and 77, so it was easy to get places in Charlotte. Being right of of Harris and Mallard Creek also meant easy access to Concord Mills, Northlake Mall, and the University area. And if you like to bike, the greenway trail is right there with an access point in the complex.

We had also looked into living at Bexley Creekside, but I didn't like it at all. The apartments didn't look as nice, and I didn't like the location. Yes, its only about 2 miles further up Harris, but I always thought Harris felt a little run-down around Sugar Creek.
Yeah, I definitely noticed a lot of kids in the pool at Bexley Concord. I wasn't super impressed with it, but didn't have anything to compare it to.

Ok, Bexley Greenway is sounding better and better. I'm glad I have real-life suggestions from people

So Harris is bad near Sugar Creek and past 85 on the east? But the area in between is ok? It all seems pretty close to me...

Old 07-01-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely noticed a lot of kids in the pool at Bexley Concord. I wasn't super impressed with it, but didn't have anything to compare it to.

Ok, Bexley Greenway is sounding better and better. I'm glad I have real-life suggestions from people

So Harris is bad near Sugar Creek and past 85 on the east? But the area in between is ok? It all seems pretty close to me...

It's not bad it just isn't as nice to me, if you go down sugar creek you will hit Derita, which isn't as nice. We looked at Bexley Creekside too and surprisingly it was more expensive and not as nice.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:

In case anyone else is curious, I called Parkview today and they don't have 1 bedrooms. The woman who answered didn't seem very professional either... but maybe she was having an off day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or