U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 PM

123 posts, read 189,055 times

Advertisements

What's up with the restaurants here? Went to Tony Roma's in Pineville and there was signs on the door that they have closed their business. I understand Ballanynte is getting a "Toast Cafe". Supposed to be in the plaza where the Meat Market is. Seems like nothing here can stay in business. I've been to the Toast Cafe and really liked it. I "heard" (so don't quote me) they are getting a Popeye's Chicken in Concord. I would love a Popeye's here. I've been to Price's and the chicken was cold and very bland. Only been to Bojangles once and it was horrible. Why is it we can only get McDonalds and Chick-Fil-A in this area. Don't get me wrong; I like Chick-Fil-A, but am tired of so few choices. Do we really need another Chick-Fil-A at Rea Rd and Ardrey Kell? I'll keep hoping for a Popeye's. As far as fast food, I have to give kudos to the workers at Chick-Fil-A in Stonecrest. They are always very polite, friendly, and make sure you get great service. All the other places "throw" your food at you and don't even bother to say thanks. I understand they are frustrated because of the job market, but you need to be happy to even have a job right now. Hang in there, change your attitude, and things will get better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 05:45 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,065,615 times
Tony Romas has been there forever, I'm surprised it closed. Chain restaurants and typical fast food restaurants here do very well and I think it just takes support for the little guy to do well. Chic Fil A does have a better quality food and service is part of their deal, it's a little more expensive but you pay for the quality.

I've never heard of "Toast Cafe", but that shopping center for anything other than the Meat House, which seems to do very well and Cosmos seems to be cursed. If it's good I hope people support it. It always seems that people will talk about how great it is and then on a Friday night when it's time to go out they decide on the Olive Garden or Red Lobster

Old 07-08-2012, 07:03 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,336,309 times
The Stonecrest Chick Fil A is one of the highest performing in their chain, according to a buddy who owns a business there. As for better service, look at the employees. You can see it in their faces.

OP-when did you get cold food at Price's? Anytime I've been or seen any media about the place, the food is going out the door as fast as they can make it.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:10 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,791,386 times
Toast Cafe is on Main St in Davidson. It's a small restaurant, family owned. The food is good.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 AM

820 posts, read 1,534,493 times
We give the Chic-filet in Matthews on Independence a top score for service, friendliness, and spot-on food. Never had a bad or unpleasant experience there since they opened and we're a once a week customer.

The restaurant business is tough, especially in bad economic times (but we can hope that change is coming :-) An old friend in the business said that on average, 30-35 percent of new restaurants will close their doors within 18 months. It's a business for the timid when it comes to investments. Then, it's better than some 401-K's

Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,478,336 times
I lost interest in deep fried chicken long ago. It's too easy to hide poor quality meat and fatty slices under the breading.

Check out the broasted chicken at Roasting Company on Montford. It's less fattening, and served fast. I've asked them a couple times to open another location, but am told the owner tried it briefly and doesn't like the management complexity of multiple locations.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times
Rents are extremely high and its extremely difficult to stay in business and make a profit in tough economic times....

No surprises that there is so much turnover....

Old 07-08-2012, 09:04 AM

7,185 posts, read 11,224,804 times
I'm surprises about Tony Roma's. That's one of my favorite chains and the Pineville location was on my radar to visit. Oh well. Gotta' find a new place to hit.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:35 AM

5 posts, read 13,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
I lost interest in deep fried chicken long ago. It's too easy to hide poor quality meat and fatty slices under the breading.

Check out the broasted chicken at Roasting Company on Montford. It's less fattening, and served fast. I've asked them a couple times to open another location, but am told the owner tried it briefly and doesn't like the management complexity of multiple locations.
I second The Roasting Co. They have great food at reasonable prices. They used to have a location in the university area right by the Hilton and it lasted a year or two before they closed it down.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb6274 View Post
I second The Roasting Co. They have great food at reasonable prices. They used to have a location in the university area right by the Hilton and it lasted a year or two before they closed it down.
I thought they had a place up north. I need to get over to Montford Drive soon. Black bean and queso combo YUM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or