Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 05:11 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,462,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Sessions in, Augustin out. This team should be alot different than last year.

I agree. I'm liking the makeover so far, even with adding Haywood, who I personally dislike for his Tarheel affiliation and the fact I don't think he's very good either. He'll be serviceable however and maybe next year they can get Noel out of Kentucky to take his starting spot.

If nothing else, at least it won't be the same cast of characters out on the floor just going through the motions as it felt like last season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 PM

239 posts, read 376,663 times
Default happy!

As I was watching the game tonight, I was starting to worry a little. lol. Especially when the Bobcats got down by 13. But who else would've tried hard enough to come back and WIN when down by 13 in the 3rd quarter?
The Bobcats seem like they FULLY understand the IMPORTANCE of having a good record EVEN IN THE SUMMER LEAGUE, because it definitely builds up EXCITEMENT and PROOF that they can win. And coming back from 13 down in a SUMMER LEAGUE game is really impressive.
I dont know about you guys,but I am DEFINITELY EXCITED to see what they can do during the regular season!!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
As I was watching the game tonight, I was starting to worry a little. lol. Especially when the Bobcats got down by 13. But who else would've tried hard enough to come back and WIN when down by 13 in the 3rd quarter?
The Bobcats seem like they FULLY understand the IMPORTANCE of having a good record EVEN IN THE SUMMER LEAGUE, because it definitely builds up EXCITEMENT and PROOF that they can win. And coming back from 13 down in a SUMMER LEAGUE game is really impressive.
I dont know about you guys,but I am DEFINITELY EXCITED to see what they can do during the regular season!!

The skys the limit, and there's nowhere to go but up for this team! 28-54 or bust!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:38 PM

6 posts, read 9,763 times
I like people getting excited over summer league basketball, which is completely meaningless except for rookies and guys competing for the last couple spots on the team.

Hopefully, MKG helps out the Bobcats. You guys need some young talent, and he's a good start. Don't think he's a star, but he'll play hard all the time and be a good starter for a while. Very young though.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:03 PM

Jamison did us a solid today by signing with the lakers. If we can sign Humphries I'd definitely be curious to actually watch this team next season.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:47 AM

6 posts, read 9,763 times
Humphries can definitely start for you. Guy hustles like hell, rebounds like hell, and his numbers in isolation defense are good, too. He's terrible at help defense, can take too many jump shots, and is limited offensively, but he'll average a double-double if he signs with you.

My guess is he stays with the Nets, where he'd compete with new Euro signee Mirza Teletovic for the starting job on a likely playoff team. Still, he's never gotten a big long-term contract, so if Charlotte outbids Brooklyn, he could bail. Hope he doesn't, he'd be a nice role player on my Nets.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 AM

We need interior scoring and defense so he'd fit that bill, plus he's relatively young still and could be an asset to the team for a few years. The team is going to be pretty bad next year most likely regardless, but like I've said earlier at least it appears they have a LONG TERM goal versus stop gaps to try and win a few more games now and then pay for it later and never really get much better for the long haul.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:16 PM

Welp no Humphries either. Signs extension with the Nets.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:59 AM

Bobcats are 3-0!!! As Ive said...doesnt mean anything for the regular season, but excitement is building knowing that the team can find ways to win. And after ending a season on a 23 GAME LOSING STREAK, starting off the next season UNDEFEATED so far is a GREAT way to bring back the excitement in the city. Great job Cats!!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 PM

Bobcats are 4-0 in Summer League play!!!!! Anyone getting a little more optimistic? lol.
Well I'll say once again, I am veeeeeeeeeeery excited about the possible success of the team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte