Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 05:26 PM

972 posts, read 2,443,801 times

Advertisements

Has anyone donated clubs to First Tee? Or, perhaps to another local charity? We'd love some feedback from others who have successfully donated clubs to local groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:01 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
While I have not donated any clubs to the First Tee program, I highly doubt you can go wrong with them.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM

972 posts, read 2,443,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
While I have not donated any clubs to the First Tee program, I highly doubt you can go wrong with them.
They have not returned any of my phone calls or emails. Also, I've heard mixed things about that program from someone very active in the golf community. I'm not posting all I heard because its not verified and they wouldn't be able to respond. But, it was enough to make me double check first.

So I was hoping to either hear some good things from someone who actually donated to First Tee or to hear of another organization that would like the clubs. I need to get them out of the house but it can't become a full time job to do so.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:27 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
Used golf clubs: Unless they are the very top brand in AAA condition they have very little value to a charity IMO. Adult clubs need to be cut down for a child. I'v seen these clubs offered in golf stores for free to kids in a basket. The store will cut down old/used clubs and (as good promotion) give them away.

Used clubs per se on Ebay are very cheap and one always sees clubs at tag sales.

In fact, after my lousy score yesterday I'm thinking of giving mine away as well.

You have good intentions but even free it's a tough sell.

Thanks for thinking of the little guys.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,348 times
I have had 2 sets of golf clubs donated....... to me..... by friends. Golf is an expensive game and I appreciate their generosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte