Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 01:50 PM

12 posts, read 30,892 times

Advertisements

I am a Jamaican presently residing in Ca and I am planning to relocate to Charlotte NC. My friends are discouraging me as they are told that the blacks are affected by racism there. I am really want to relocate and i would appeciate some views on this.
Also my daughter as Sickle Cell disease. Is there good health care for childen in Charlotte. Will I be able to find a sickle cell clinic for her follow up visit?

Thanks
Ge CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 02:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,464,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltone View Post
I am a Jamaican presently residing in Ca and I am planning to relocate to Charlotte NC. My friends are discouraging me as they are told that the blacks are affected by racism there. I am really want to relocate and i would appeciate some views on this.
Also my daughter as Sickle Cell disease. Is there good health care for childen in Charlotte. Will I be able to find a sickle cell clinic for her follow up visit?

Thanks
Ge CA
Though I understand your friends concern, do not let that stop you from coming here! Charlotte is a nice city with no big racial issues. We are really like a melting pot of cultures as so many people are here from somewhere else (not quite like New York City!, but still pretty good). There is a lot of talk in the media right now about racism and what has happened in Louisiana. Please know, the whole south is not like that, especially this city.

Also, though I can't specifically comment on clinics for sickle cell, I know there is at least one here. This is a large city, we offer every type of medical care you can imagine. And even if by some chance you can't find the exact care you are looking for, you would be just a few hours from Duke Medical Center - a place people come from all over the country to seek help.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:11 PM

12 posts, read 30,892 times
Thanks for your reply . Now I can start packing.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:21 PM

5 posts, read 12,090 times
We have great hospitals in Greenville NC...which is about 4+ hours from Charlotte. You may want to consider moving to Greenville NC. We have a state of the art medical hub here that is very well known. I have lived in Eastern North Carolina my whole life so if you have any other questions about the area let me know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: