U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2007, 01:55 PM

2,122 posts, read 4,150,628 times
Default Capt. Steve's Fish Camp

I know the lady in the Charlotte Observer wrote about fish camps on Charlotte.Com a few weeks ago, and I'm posting this in the Charlotte forum because the place I went to last night was awesome and right across the border in Fort Mill on Highway 21 Bypass.
It's located in Fort Mill and when we pulled in Saturday night at 7:00 the place was CROWDED I didn't think we would ever get in. We waited a total of 10 minutes and saw the most efficient hostess stand "get 'em in and get 'em out!!!" The menu had everything you would want at a fish restaurant and at awesome prices. I'm a big guy and could eat my whole plate at almost every place I go, but I couldn't make it through all of the food that was piled on my plate. Even my wife, who is usually very picky enjoyed herself and her meal. The Broiled Group and Popcorn Shrimp were amazing!!!

I give this restaurant in Fort Mill 2 thumbs up and highly recommend trying it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Status: " Love is Freedom, Love is Equal, Love Conquers Hate" (set 7 days ago)

21,913 posts, read 38,819,410 times
After the e coli outbreak at a fish camp in the area it will be a long time before I eat at any especially any Captain Galley. And it sucks because I liked the one in Huntersville the staff was super cool and always prompt and remember what my favorite items was.
But I care about living more than great service.

Goat Slaughtered in China Grove Captain's Galley Possible Source of E. coli : Marler Blog

Old 09-30-2007, 02:51 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,812,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
After the e coli outbreak at a fish camp in the area it will be a long time before I eat at any especially any Captain Galley. And it sucks because I liked the one in Huntersville the staff was super cool and always prompt and remember what my favorite items was.
But I care about living more than great service.

Goat Slaughtered in China Grove Captain's Galley Possible Source of E. coli : Marler Blog
Wow, Sunny, what an incredibly unfair statement. How does one restaurant in China Grove's mistake require an indictment of all fish camps? I'm surprised that you would be so heavy-handed.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,901,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I know the lady in the Charlotte Observer wrote about fish camps on Charlotte.Com a few weeks ago, and I'm posting this in the Charlotte forum because the place I went to last night was awesome and right across the border in Fort Mill on Highway 21 Bypass.
It's located in Fort Mill and when we pulled in Saturday night at 7:00 the place was CROWDED I didn't think we would ever get in. We waited a total of 10 minutes and saw the most efficient hostess stand "get 'em in and get 'em out!!!" The menu had everything you would want at a fish restaurant and at awesome prices. I'm a big guy and could eat my whole plate at almost every place I go, but I couldn't make it through all of the food that was piled on my plate. Even my wife, who is usually very picky enjoyed herself and her meal. The Broiled Group and Popcorn Shrimp were amazing!!!

I give this restaurant in Fort Mill 2 thumbs up and highly recommend trying it!!!
Yeah!!!...I am glad you liked it! I have been a Capt. Steve's fan ever since we moved to the area (Tega Cay/Fort Mill). Most times I end up getting the popcorn shrimp with onion rings (and hushpuppies that are freeflowing), while the DH gets the whitefish...but the last time we were there we both tried the blackend mahi-mahi...and it was excellent.

As you have stated the long lines can be very deceiving but the place is much larger inside than it appears on the outside...plus they also get the customers in and out quickly yet you never feel rushed. I happen to know someone that has worked there for years...and they said that the employees are well taken care of (it truly does show).

We also have discovered when given a choice between a small platter and a large platter.....always go with the small (it is more than enough).

Old 09-30-2007, 05:39 PM

3,190 posts, read 5,843,455 times
Any chance they have clams???

Old 09-30-2007, 05:54 PM

1,395 posts, read 3,785,406 times
We used to go there about 20 years ago!! My grandpa loved eating there.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 AM

395 posts, read 984,698 times
We go once a month, and any time friends/family visit, it's the "go to" place for them--- we get better seafood there than at the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte