U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 AM

30 posts, read 104,579 times

Advertisements

I just moved from out of state to a house in the Hampton Place subdivision and it seems like a nice, quiet an neighborhood with a nice surrounding area for my family. My concern/question is about occupants of this neighborhood - is it a lot of renters? I see people walking around in their undershirts, teenage kids hanging on the corner of the street and things of that nature and I found that weird - am I over-analyzing all this or is there something I should know? Perhaps it's just summertime in the South! The neighborhood really seems nice but I am just finding all this to be out of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM

510 posts, read 1,843,746 times
Is this the subdivision off Prosperity Church? If so, I live across the street (Rolling Oaks). We have a pretty alert and active Neighborhood (Watch) that watches out and reports "strange" activity to the police. Its possible that they are harmless and just hanging out, it's hot. Just something to keep an eye on, talk to your neighbors, make sure they know if and when you are out of town. Always be alert of your surroundings. I feel very comfortable in this area of Charlotte. Welcome to Charlotte!!

Old 07-15-2012, 10:55 AM

2,341 posts, read 4,053,499 times
No. This is off Browne Rd and DeArmon.

Did you purchase your house or are you renting. Hampton connects to Amber Leigh and a small starter subdivision (brownstone). It may connect to Eagle Rock also. Brwonestone looks as though it has been taken over by renters. Unfortunate. The other neighborhoods are nice otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastone View Post
Is this the subdivision off Prosperity Church? If so, I live across the street (Rolling Oaks). We have a pretty alert and active Neighborhood (Watch) that watches out and reports "strange" activity to the police. Its possible that they are harmless and just hanging out, it's hot. Just something to keep an eye on, talk to your neighbors, make sure they know if and when you are out of town. Always be alert of your surroundings. I feel very comfortable in this area of Charlotte. Welcome to Charlotte!!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:02 AM

162 posts, read 188,146 times
I have drove through that neighborhood., when were looking to rent a house. I noticed a lot of teens playing in the street, but they seemed to be just playing and behaving themselves.

Are you looking to live in the newer side? I can tell a major difference between the lot size and houses on the newer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
No. This is off Browne Rd and DeArmon.

Did you purchase your house or are you renting. Hampton connects to Amber Leigh and a small starter subdivision (brownstone). It may connect to Eagle Rock also. Brwonestone looks as though it has been taken over by renters. Unfortunate. The other neighborhoods are nice otherwise.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 AM

30 posts, read 104,579 times
We have purchased our home. I am pretty sure it's all harmless, it just surprised me. I have family that put a downpayment on one of the new houses being built between Hampton Place and Amber Leigh and I was worried I steered them wrong.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM

510 posts, read 1,843,746 times
After I posted, I got to thinking this was the subdivision off DeArmon. I'd say, its' generally still in good area. Always something to keep an eye on though. Being alert and knowing your neighbors is always a safer to live.

We purchased our home 14 years ago (from Norther Virginia area), we love this area. I consider this area "Mallard Creek" not University. Most of the homes in our neighborhood are owned, the renters keep the homes very neat, appreciate their home.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM

4 posts, read 13,607 times
can anyone tell me about the Hampton Place subdivision where the new houses are being built? How are the schools are there any crime in the area, is this a desirable area.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 AM

4 posts, read 13,607 times
I just returned from charlotte last evening we stayed off Tayon St, in the university area, I also visited Hampton Place and Amber leigh subdivisons, and was pleasantly surprise. I could live there. very nice subdivisions.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 AM

4 posts, read 8,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS2010 View Post
I just moved from out of state to a house in the Hampton Place subdivision and it seems like a nice, quiet an neighborhood with a nice surrounding area for my family. My concern/question is about occupants of this neighborhood - is it a lot of renters? I see people walking around in their undershirts, teenage kids hanging on the corner of the street and things of that nature and I found that weird - am I over-analyzing all this or is there something I should know? Perhaps it's just summertime in the South! The neighborhood really seems nice but I am just finding all this to be out of place.
Hey, I been thinking about building in this area as well, and was curious on how you liked it so far ??

I did get the same feeling you got from driving through, but wasn't sure how much of a concern it actually was. Any feedback would be great!
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte