Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 AM

4 posts, read 6,690 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Mooresville in a few weeks. Kids all figured out w school. Need info on local job mkt in medical field. Best medical facility to work ? Commute time. Also need info on club level soccer sign up in lake norman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 07:43 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic510 View Post
I am moving to Mooresville in a few weeks. Kids all figured out w school. Need info on local job mkt in medical field. Best medical facility to work ? Commute time. Also need info on club level soccer sign up in lake norman
I'm sorry, can you be a little more specific? What does "kids all figured out w school" mean exactly?

In addition, what is your specialty in the medical field? For instance, the market for xray techs is completely flooded - nurses too. Though if you do specialize in a particular nursing your odds will be better for finding something.

There are hospitals all over the metro, but in particular there is Lake Norman Regional Medical Center right there in Mooresville. But commute times to any place are going to depend on where you live exactly.

The two big hospital systems are Presbyterian and Carolinas Medical Center. Their main campuses are near uptown Charlotte. Commute to either of them from Moorseville is a bit#h. It just is, lol, though many people do it.

Last edited by lovesMountains; 07-16-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Old 07-16-2012, 07:58 AM

80 posts, read 170,644 times
Mooresville Indoor Soccer Club
http://mooresvilleindoorsoccer.com/
SISA (South Iredell Soccer Association)
South Iredell Soccer Association
Lake Norman Soccer Club
http://www.lakenormansoccer.com/

What ages are the kids? SISA seems to be more popular amoung the younger crowd but I have seen more teens involved with the other two.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM

52 posts, read 137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm sorry, can you be a little more specific? What does "kids all figured out w school" mean exactly?

In addition, what is your specialty in the medical field? For instance, the market for xray techs is completely flooded - nurses too. Though if you do specialize in a particular nursing your odds will be better for finding something.

There are hospitals all over the metro, but in particular there is Lake Norman Regional Medical Center right there in Mooresville. But commute times to any place are going to depend on where you live exactly.

The two big hospital systems are Presbyterian and Carolinas Medical Center. Their main campuses are near uptown Charlotte. Commute to either of them from Moorseville is a bit#h. It just is, lol, though many people do it.
Presbyterian has a hospital in Huntersville, I think at Exit 25 I-77 that might work

Soccer as mentioned above but also include

Home - playing out of Huntersville and Concord

Charlotte Soccer Academy - Charlotte Soccer Academy also has a North location

Good luck and welcome to Mooresville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte