U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:39 PM

3,453 posts, read 3,350,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
I like Lenox and Phipps until people like you come, who are obviously obsessed with it, and bash every person, place, or thing that says they are anything but amazing. Just look at Yelp. Not many people like Lenox on there. SouthPark has better reviews (a 4 vs. Lenox's 3.5).

You are pathetic. I am 2 seconds from reporting you for being so ridiculous, rude, and completely ruining this thread. This will be my last post directed towards you on this thread. Continue to post whatever delusional crap you want to. I will get a moderator to come through and delete it.
Talk about obsession. You are obsessed with Mall at mellenia and Southparjk. Just like u defend Southpark I'm going todefend Lenox and Phipps. Yelp LOL a few reviews don't account for anything .. Lenox and Phipps offers more of a selection. That's what I look for in a mall stores that's the whole purpose of shopping. Report me this is a blog site not my life as it seems to be yours. U already got put in your place by another blogger for doing this same thing on urbanplanet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 PM

341 posts, read 689,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
No your delusional and the rumors u speak on are from a few people that said something on another blog. Your so called constructive criticism turns into bashing. Face it Charlotte is in the shadows of Atlanta especially in retail and will be in our llifetime. Charlotte can't even land simple stores like H&M Armani Exchange Or Zara which citizen's have been begging for those stores. What u need to do is join the marketing team at Southpark maybe they with step there game up in there store offerings. Roofs and garages collapseing and stuff lol. For the record they closed majority of there stores Max Mara and Barney's closed majority of the stores. Evidently Atlanta is great u keep.popping your tail here all the time. And my bad its Buckhead that produces over 1 billion in retail sales a year.
I don't know why, but I can't seem to resist posting back.

I am definitely not delusional. I know that the rumors may not be true, but obviously they aren't doing excessively great.

When have I ever bashed Lenox or Phipps? I may come close to it, but only if someone bashes SouthPark, etc.

H&M, Armani, Exchange, and Zara aren't even that great anyway. The reason why SouthPark can't get those stores is because SouthPark doesn't have many stores close, certainly not large enough spaces for H&M or Zara.

First, before you open your mouth again you need to know what you are talking about. You don't seem to have any knowledge of why the roof collapsed or the parking deck. The roof collapsed because there were 3 inches of rain in less than 45 minutes. That is a lot of rain. The Parking deck collapsing is because someone had a heart attack and ran into the side because they were going 40 MPH. If that happened at Lenox, I bet the same thing would happen.

From Barney's store locator, it seems that most stores are still open. MaxMara isn't reliable, as the Atlanta store is still on their website.

Why do you think that I go to Atlanta and Lenox/Phipps all the time? I went to both malls one time this year, and I went to Lenox 2 times last year, but not to Phipps. I only go around once an year so I don't see that as "popping in all the time". And, as a matter of fact I will probably not return because YOU are making me HATE Lenox.

Okay, get the numbers straight:

Lenox's sales per square foot is around $800, but is a smaller mall.
1,545,000*800=$1,236,000,000

SouthPark is "in excess of $700", has been confirmed, however I have heard anywhere from 720-740 thrown around
So, 1,626,000*730=$1,186,980,000
With numbers that big, 49 million is not much. Considering Lenox is in a city 3 times larger and has many tourists (around 35%) you would think that the number would be much, much larger. But it's not.

There is HARDLY any difference at ALL. If Lenox is so much better than their number would be much higher. Obviously you are the one who is delusional and ridiculous.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 PM

196 posts, read 393,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Our nordstroms is getting to Topshop brand can Charlotte say the same.No.
Not to interrupt your...umm..debate, but it is Nordstrom- no "s". I would assume with all the information you are rattling off about malls you would know this.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH14 View Post
Not to interrupt your...umm..debate, but it is Nordstrom- no "s". I would assume with all the information you are rattling off about malls you would know this.
ct36 likes this.

lol
I have been wanting to point that out but I didn't want to be rude. Obviously some people don't care whether they are rude or not. (Just to clarify, I'm not referring to you, CH14)

Old 07-25-2012, 10:52 PM

Hopefully this will be the end of the new thread, hah.

If you think that Lenox/Phipps is better, then that is fine with you. Personally, I like SouthPark better. I will respect your opinion as long as you respect mine. There was no bashing of Lenox, so I don't see why you should come here "defending" Lenox because there was really nothing that needed to be defended.

Now hopefully let's end this, lol.
SouthPark is like a mix of Perimeter and Lenox, so we already know that it doesn't have the stores Lenox does. We don't need you telling us that.

Yes, we also know that Atlanta is over double the size of Charlotte. This is something else you don't need to tell us.

If you love Atlanta so much, then fine. If you don't like Charlotte, then you don't have to come here.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 AM

14,693 posts, read 24,247,869 times
Well, hopefully they are not driving from Atlanta anytime soon or they may have a big frownie face when they get here and find out many stores are closed.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 AM

35,883 posts, read 70,243,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Well, hopefully they are not driving from Atlanta anytime soon or they may have a big frownie face when they get here and find out many stores are closed.
Anyone not getting their fix at SP Mall b/c of the recent deluge of water can simply travel to Winston. Hanes Mall is one of the most visited in the USA, getting about 20 million visitors a year. Not that I am that fond of Hanes Mall . . . the location is convenient but there is a lot of decay around it. I only go there if there is something specific (a shop) I want to check out.

America

According to the above article, neither Phipps nor Lenox (or for that matter, SouthPark) is on the top 25 list, so I found it quite interesting that Hanes Mall was on that list.

However, Mall of Georgia WAS on the list, (15 M visitors annually) so seems to me that Georgia residents are not necessarily leaving their state to do their shopping.

The only retail I head to ATL/Buckhead to find is Bloomie's, and I do try to go at least once a year, as they have fantastic mark downs on home decor, etc. Their sales are a great time to stock up on Christmas gifts.

Otherwise, there really isn't anything in Atlanta that I can't find here in Charlotte these days. The one store I wish we had here would be Saks, and of course, I would really like to have a Bloomingdale's, but that isn't going to happen.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,411,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagrown View Post
I know people who drive out of state (even Atlanta) to SouthPark.
Seriously, who would drive from Atlanta to South Park to go shopping. Some nut?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 AM

35,883 posts, read 70,243,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Seriously, who would drive from Atlanta to South Park to go shopping. Some nut?
I guess if you are going to a concert or staying over with friends, then you could spend some time at SouthPark. Otherwise, I certainly have never known any of my friends or relatives to come to Charlotte specifically to shop at SouthPark. Doesn't mean it never happens! Just not something I have known people to do.

Likewise, I don't just go to ATL to shop - I combine it with other events or places I want to visit/attend.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:29 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,411,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Anyone not getting their fix at SP Mall b/c of the recent deluge of water can simply travel to Winston. Hanes Mall is one of the most visited in the USA, getting about 20 million visitors a year. Not that I am that fond of Hanes Mall . . . the location is convenient but there is a lot of decay around it. I only go there if there is something specific (a shop) I want to check out.

America

According to the above article, neither Phipps nor Lenox (or for that matter, SouthPark) is on the top 25 list, so I found it quite interesting that Hanes Mall was on that list.

However, Mall of Georgia WAS on the list, (15 M visitors annually) so seems to me that Georgia residents are not necessarily leaving their state to do their shopping.

The only retail I head to ATL/Buckhead to find is Bloomie's, and I do try to go at least once a year, as they have fantastic mark downs on home decor, etc. Their sales are a great time to stock up on Christmas gifts.

Otherwise, there really isn't anything in Atlanta that I can't find here in Charlotte these days. The one store I wish we had here would be Saks, and of course, I would really like to have a Bloomingdale's, but that isn't going to happen.
Sounds like the most rational post/comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte