Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:18 PM

10 posts, read 92,629 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I recently moved to Charlotte, NC and one of the things I miss most are the steak hoagies! This is not a philly steak sandwich, but an elongated beef steak patty usually topped with mozzarella or provolone, pizza sauce and other toppings (such as tomato, onion, pickle) of your choice. Does anyone know where to find these here, or if it is even possible? I've included images below:

Thanks in advance!

P.S. This must be the most ridiculous post I've ever created in any forum. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 06:34 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,098,103 times
It takes some kind of idiot (or a German) to put pickles on steak.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
First of all, there is nothing ridiculous about trying to find the food you love when you have moved to a new region!

I wish I could direct you to some source, but I don't know of any place that makes exactly what you have described (and yes, I have eaten this type of hoagie, but not while living in NC).

How are you at cooking up your own specialty dishes?

Chef Mike Prepares a Steak Hoagie - YouTube

And btw - WELCOME!

Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,248,030 times
Interesting, never heard of these.

You guys say "hoagie" too?

Old 07-27-2012, 10:08 PM

Thanks, anifani821! I'm going to try to find the right patties and make them on my own.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 PM

GoPhils, if you ever get the chance, try one - they're delicious!

Yes, we say "hoagie" or "hoagy."

Old 07-27-2012, 11:55 PM

5,120 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Speaking of Cincinatti style, I wish they would put a Frisch's Big Boy down here. I really like their Big Boy burgers with the tartar sauce. Even better than the thousand island and red relish sauces that the different Bob's Big Boys use. And I'm not talking Shoney's either. Not affiliated anymore.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 AM

107 posts, read 200,294 times
Default Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgirl86 View Post
GoPhils, if you ever get the chance, try one - they're delicious!

Yes, we say "hoagie" or "hoagy."
hey there! I presume you are from Cinci? We moved here from there also just recently. These hoagies look like the one's they have at Richards pizza in Hamilton!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Speaking of Cincinatti style, I wish they would put a Frisch's Big Boy down here. I really like their Big Boy burgers with the tartar sauce. Even better than the thousand island and red relish sauces that the different Bob's Big Boys use. And I'm not talking Shoney's either. Not affiliated anymore.
What I wouldn't give for a Big Boy!!! I have family driving down next month and I think I'm going to have to ask them to bring a big boy and a JTM steak hoagy kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingjulie View Post
hey there! I presume you are from Cinci? We moved here from there also just recently. These hoagies look like the one's they have at Richards pizza in Hamilton!
I am from Cincinnati and I'm missing the foods I love! Every pizza place you go to in that area makes steak hoagies, even the national chains like Domino's and Papa John's caught on and realized you can't have a pizza shop in Cincinnati without steak hoagies!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:12 PM

821 posts, read 1,841,415 times
I just finished lunch and after reading the original post, with photos, and the additional comments, I am now heading off to find a tasty snack of some kind - something with meat and cheese and onions and tomato and lettuce on a hoagie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte