U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 PM

372 posts, read 561,620 times

Advertisements

Maybe after the neighbor decided he wasn't able to burn down the OP's house during July 4, he decided to flatten ot with a tree! Better be careful OP, he may water his garden but in reality may be trying to flood your house!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,408,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntice View Post
I say roll the branch into his yard. Wipe your hands and call it a day....
But then he would have nothing to stew about. Well until the next neighbor looks at funny.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:05 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,748,456 times
I should charge you folks for the cheap entertainment you get from reading this post and then take the money and pay a tree remover........Law says its his responsibility but according to you NOPE its not..Law says you can not shoot certain kinds of fireworks and can create a fire hazard,according to you NOPE,,the law dont mean a thing.....go figure I get entertained reading your post so it works both ways....lol

Old 07-31-2012, 03:20 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,645,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
He came home from vacation late friday. I was gone all day saturday and that is when he cut the tree. My question is why he just left his mess even if I had told the daughter I had a saw. The law says if your tree damages another persons property you or your home owners insurance has to pay the bill. I think this showed total disrespect. Monday I will call him and tell him I dont have a saw now and cant do him the favor of cutting up his tree. When he cut away and cleaned up the mess on his property he made the cut directly on the property line. Some things you shouldnt have to draw a picture for others to know. Its a no brainer for me to understand...MY tree = MY MESS..HIS TREE =HIS MESS

You are just making an assumption that he flat out refuses to clean up the mess on your property. In most cases, all you have to do is TALK to the homeowner, NOT his daughter.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I just talked to the city (311) and learned that a city ordinance requires the OWNER of the tree to remove the branch and clean up the mess......It is 100% the neighbors responsibility and the city even gave me the number to contact if the mess isnt cleaned up and I want CIVIL ACTION to force the issue.That settles it.

Really, litigation for nonsense? That's the world we live in, I suppose.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,198,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
Really, litigation for nonsense? That's the world we live in, I suppose.
seems to be one of two common themes in all of the OP's threads.......1) whining and 2) who can I sue?

must be from new jersey, where if someone coughs in the same room as you you can sue. hope you find your lawsuit, I feel you will truly be happy then!

Old 07-31-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
You that want to bash me dont know the whole story.My basic question was who was the person that should clean up this mess. Over the years I have been a very good neighbor and saved the guy allot of money. I fixed his leaking faucets, repaired a broken dimmer switch, showed him how to remove his windows, unlocked the daughters car, showed him how to re-trip a blow electric breaker, etc AND NEVER WOULD ACCEPT A DIME FOR DOING IT. I even repaired his wrecked car for a fraction of what a shop would have charged..... Now what has he done to repay my kindness? NOTHING.. Now the first chance he gets to do something that will save me some work (work that Im not even responsible to do) and he cuts the fallen log directly over the property line being careful not to remove even one inch of what is laying in my yard...How would you feel? I have severe arthritis in both hands and shoulder and doing this tree cutting will not be easy. I wanted to be a good neighbor again and cut up the entire branch but my chainsaw broke.If anyone is a bad neighbor it is this guy. I shouldn't even have to go and talk to him about the fallen branch. He should have stepped up and did the right thing when HE HAD A SAW...

Well, you can't come here and expect a simple answer for your simple question and not tell the whole story! I'm convinced that you only want to hear want you want to hear and nothing more. Well, that's not how it works.

Stop doing free things for him, if you expect something in return. I had the same neighbor for twenty years, I fixed more things in his house, then in my own. Saving him lot's of money in labor costs. I never once thought to myself, "when is he going to return the favors"? I did it because we were neighbors and I didn't expect ANYTHING in return.

You need to talk to the HOMEOWNER about the clean up. I have no reason to believe he will not clean up his mess. Or, don't and take him to court

Old 07-31-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I should charge you folks for the cheap entertainment you get from reading this post and then take the money and pay a tree remover........Law says its his responsibility but according to you NOPE its not..Law says you can not shoot certain kinds of fireworks and can create a fire hazard,according to you NOPE,,the law dont mean a thing.....go figure I get entertained reading your post so it works both ways....lol

We should charge you for consultation fees. If you don't pay up, I'm taking you to court

Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,436,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
seems to be one of two common themes in all of the OP's threads.......1) whining and 2) who can I sue?

must be from new jersey, where if someone coughs in the same room as you you can sue. hope you find your lawsuit, I feel you will truly be happy then!
Stop taking cheap shots at folks from Jersey! I get along with my neighbors just fine. We even, GASP, talk to one another.

This dude just sounds plain cranky.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:01 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,198,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Stop taking cheap shots at folks from Jersey! I get along with my neighbors just fine. We even, GASP, talk to one another.

This dude just sounds plain cranky.

LOL, I only said that because I'm born and raised new jersey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or