U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:36 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,411,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
i drove by and took a pic, you're right, i wouldn't know what to do with that either!
lmao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 09:55 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,861,412 times
This just happened to us last week, only it was 2 huge trees, that smashed both ours and another neighbors fences. Everyone involved was responsible for the damage to their own property and removal of the parts of the tree on their property.

Is the branch still there? I'm kinda inclined not to believe any of this tbh.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,262,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
All this drama about a dadgum limb!

How's this for rude:
Shoot me a message, tell me where you live and a good time to stop by and I'll bring my truck and my chainsaw and remove the limb for you.

No problem!
I'll bring the beer. Do you think a case is enough for two people to drink while cutting up a limb?

Quote:
I drove by and took a pic, you're right, I wouldn't know what to do with that either!
Call the lawyers!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 AM

277 posts, read 579,644 times
Heading over to Frugal MacDoogal in Fort Mill for the brew? You can also stop nearby for more guilty pleasure...

Note to OP...just having some fun, nothing personal, hope your situation is resolved in a good way.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 AM

820 posts, read 1,527,643 times
Unless your neighbor is a complete jackass, just let him know you would have and intended to clean up the whole affair until your chainsaw blew up in your face (fire on a chainsaw is new one on me - wow) and that's the reason you did not follow though on what you told the daughter. And, can he help you with the limb, since your chain saw is toast. Don't need to mention it's his tree limb. You be nice. If he gets an attitude, take him off your Christmas card list and go rent a chain saw.

As for a tree falling on your property or house - when a neighbor's tree falls on your property, especially if it causes damage, it's your insurance that pays up. We know this from experience when one of our trees went airborne into a neighbor's house during Hugo. Our insurance company said the neighbor's company pays the tab. It would be the same if his trees fell on my house - my insurance company pays. That was 1989 and I do not believe this process has changed.

If my tree was across my neighbor's yard, I'd get a chain saw and get to work as a matter of courtesy and being a good neighbor. Obviously, the size of the tree would have a bearing. That's when the insurance companies come into play.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,043,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
this is key... but I'm pretty sure the OP said he was busy the last few days and wasn't around. If the 2 neighbors haven't talked yet I'm pretty sure there is some tension.
Yes, he did say that. That's why I said I would leave a note. Things can fester and cause unintended problems when you leave them unaddressed for too long.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:53 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,753,636 times
Here is a couple of pictures to show this isnt a 5 minute job that requires no effort as some seem to think.
Attached Thumbnails
neighbors tree fell on to my property-tree-001.jpg   neighbors tree fell on to my property-tree-005.jpg  

Old 08-02-2012, 12:14 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,048,309 times
Quote:
I drove by and took a pic, you're right, I wouldn't know what to do with that either!
LOL... I almost peed my pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Here is a couple of pictures to show this isnt a 5 minute job that requires no effort as some seem to think.
+1 , as an insurance agent, that on your property=your problem

Old 08-02-2012, 07:18 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,262,857 times
Quote:
Well I think its pretty clear that it is your problem. Time to put your big boy pants on, and go get at it. Seriously it might not be a 5 minute job but its not that big of a deal. Like I said in my last post. You take small problems and create huge problems. The world has big issues, this isn't one of them. Quit being a drama queen and life will get a lot easier. If you are a man I think you should have your man card revoked.

Last edited by tread102; 08-02-2012 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-03-2012, 05:39 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,411,675 times
Quote:
The the amount of time you spent posting on here about the limb, you could have cut it up, mulched it, and planted a new tree. Man up dude, Man Up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or