Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:47 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times

Advertisements

Listen this is the same person that posted a few weeks ago that another neighbor almost burned their house down with fireworks. It was the same story. Can't just go and talk to people, got to make a big deal out of it. Its a tree limb for crying out loud(I know its wrong but I chuckled when I read the chainsaw caught on fire. Was it from a stray firework?) We all know this type of person. Makes mountains out of a mole hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 12:32 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Listen this is the same person that posted a few weeks ago that another neighbor almost burned their house down with fireworks. It was the same story. Can't just go and talk to people, got to make a big deal out of it. Its a tree limb for crying out loud(I know its wrong but I chuckled when I read the chainsaw caught on fire. Was it from a stray firework?) We all know this type of person. Makes mountains out of a mole hill.
Maybe this is cultural. Maybe he isn't from this part of the country, and where he was raised, neighbors were basically in a combat zone and hostile to one another and used litigation as a way to deal with issues.

As others have said . . . most things can be easily addressed w/ a phone call, a friendly visit to discuss things or while having a beer across the backyard fence.

Some folks have never lived in the 'burbs and so don't know how to be a good neighbor . . . so if this is the case, I hope OP will take some very worthwhile advice and learn some new social skills so he can become a happy member of his community -- and enjoy cordial relationships w/ the people around him.

You don't have to even LIKE your neighbors in order to have the reputation of being "a good neighbor." There is a lot to be said for civility and acts of kindness, even if they are not reciprocated. It builds goodwill and there can never be too much goodwill in any neighborhood.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
You that want to bash me dont know the whole story.My basic question was who was the person that should clean up this mess. Over the years I have been a very good neighbor and saved the guy allot of money. I fixed his leaking faucets, repaired a broken dimmer switch, showed him how to remove his windows, unlocked the daughters car, showed him how to re-trip a blow electric breaker, etc AND NEVER WOULD ACCEPT A DIME FOR DOING IT. I even repaired his wrecked car for a fraction of what a shop would have charged..... Now what has he done to repay my kindness? NOTHING.. Now the first chance he gets to do something that will save me some work (work that Im not even responsible to do) and he cuts the fallen log directly over the property line being careful not to remove even one inch of what is laying in my yard...How would you feel? I have severe arthritis in both hands and shoulder and doing this tree cutting will not be easy. I wanted to be a good neighbor again and cut up the entire branch but my chainsaw broke.If anyone is a bad neighbor it is this guy. I shouldn't even have to go and talk to him about the fallen branch. He should have stepped up and did the right thing when HE HAD A SAW...

Old 07-31-2012, 01:14 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,500,510 times
Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
You that want to bash me dont know the whole story.My basic question was who was the person that should clean up this mess. Over the years I have been a very good neighbor and saved the guy allot of money. I fixed his leaking faucets, repaired a broken dimmer switch, showed him how to remove his windows, unlocked the daughters car, showed him how to re-trip a blow electric breaker, etc AND NEVER WOULD ACCEPT A DIME FOR DOING IT. I even repaired his wrecked car for a fraction of what a shop would have charged..... Now what has he done to repay my kindness? NOTHING.. Now the first chance he gets to do something that will save me some work (work that Im not even responsible to do) and he cuts the fallen log directly over the property line being careful not to remove even one inch of what is laying in my yard...How would you feel? I have severe arthritis in both hands and shoulder and doing this tree cutting will not be easy. I wanted to be a good neighbor again and cut up the entire branch but my chainsaw broke.If anyone is a bad neighbor it is this guy. I shouldn't even have to go and talk to him about the fallen branch. He should have stepped up and did the right thing when HE HAD A SAW...
Maybe he shoulda but he didn’t and he is not the one losing sleep over a piece of wood. Stop whining, man up, get a chainsaw and deal with it.

Last edited by chb119; 07-31-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 01:27 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
the branch is still out there? wow....

Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Recently I've been posting about the inability of many people today to have a simple conversation. Most conflicts can be solved by no more than the people involved just talking out their issues or concerns. This sounds like one of those situations.
What if his neighbor is on here reading this? LOL...

actually, I bet the neighbor made sure to cut directly to the fence line because he knows his neighbor will call the cops, 311, 911, fire marshall, judge judy, dr. phil, etc...

Old 07-31-2012, 01:31 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
What if his neighbor is on here reading this? LOL...

Probably laughing at him like everyone else.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
Probably laughing at him like everyone else.
the sad thing is he started a thread for advice and everyone has the same answer.. "talk to him"

but that's too easy...

Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 PM

104 posts, read 304,161 times
I say roll the branch into his yard. Wipe your hands and call it a day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte