Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:43 AM

11 posts, read 19,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
If you are a dud here, you'll be a dud there...that's the reality.
Funny you automatically assume that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8020 View Post
..........I would like to know what they do and where they do it. Where are ya'll hiding!?.....
well I can tell you we're not shopping at bed bath and beyond or those smelly candly bath soapy stores in the mall. I've always said this to the single women friends of mine looking for guys.......go to the driving range, you'll have your pick of the litter.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 AM

Eman...I hate smelly stores and think those products are junk, no worries there! lol You couldn't be more right about the golf course! I keep forgetting about that one. Genius! Got any more spots for me?!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
DMG...that's a myth, very few real men around here. I've lived in NYC and spent time in Denver (which is excellent) and traveled many places near and far. It is possible that I am too good for them! lol Just so we are clear....I am not challenged with attracting men. That's easy, I just show up. (trying to make a point here...don’t get excited)

I find a lot of men OK just no spark mentally. No challenge and bland. Is wit and charm a lost art? I'm beginning to think so!

I would just like to hear from some single, ambitious and successful single men from 35-45. I would like to know what they do and where they do it. Where are ya'll hiding!? Are men not looking for someone these days like they used to? That's possible too.
I'm not an expert, I didn't stay at a holiday inn but I know a few things about womens...

They covet what they can't have.. they are too good for what's available... and the guy who is single, attractive and challenging has a crooked tooth or a lisp and that makes it impossible to date him. LOL...

The best thing is always the next thing...

Seriously though...stop looking... If guys smell the "I need a man" perfume they run for the hills.

...or better yet, think back a few months, more than likely you already met a few nice guys but blew them off because they weren't on your level.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:02 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
well I can tell you we're not shopping at bed bath and beyond or those smelly candly bath soapy stores in the mall. I've always said this to the single women friends of mine looking for guys.......go to the driving range, you'll have your pick of the litter.
sports bars.. home depot, lowes...

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,054 times
Quote:
Eman...I hate smelly stores and think those products are junk, no worries there! lol You couldn't be more right about the golf course! I keep forgetting about that one. Genius! Got any more spots for me?!
depends what you look like......then I could tell you where I hang out

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 AM

162 posts, read 217,288 times
Quote:
DMG...that's a myth, very few real men around here. I've lived in NYC and spent time in Denver (which is excellent) and traveled many places near and far. It is possible that I am too good for them! lol Just so we are clear....I am not challenged with attracting men. That's easy, I just show up. (trying to make a point here...don’t get excited)

I find a lot of men OK just no spark mentally. No challenge and bland. Is wit and charm a lost art? I'm beginning to think so!

I would just like to hear from some single, ambitious and successful single men from 35-45. I would like to know what they do and where they do it. Where are ya'll hiding!? Are men not looking for someone these days like they used to? That's possible too.
Why are the guys in charlotte so bland? They're either friendzoned to the point of uselessness, or brow-beaten for not putting up with ****ty attitudes. By the time that a guy is 35-45, still ambigious, and still single, they've found out from travelling that people outside of this city tend to be more social, more forgiving of minor imperfections, and friendlier [abet not perfect] else where.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 AM

Felt...I think a crooked tooth can be sexy - same with scars and other imperfections. Not too keen on a lisp but whatever.

I don't agree with the best thing is the next best thing?......some women maybe. Not this one. I wouldn't pick someone that I didn't think was great for me (only to find out the truth later lol).

I don't believe I have that perfume. Why stop looking? I love men. Isn't it only natural to look? I believe so. Most of the men I have dated have chased ME for quite a while. They all said it wasn't easy. lol

You are right, I have blown off many nice guys and most aren't on my level. I am aware of that....but some are and I'd like to meet them.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:14 AM

Monk...I don't have first hand exp yet. Moving soon. Fingers crossed!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 AM

eman....for you know know what I look like I'd have to know what you look like first. ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte