U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 PM

509 posts, read 1,642,593 times

Advertisements

[quote=Weedydidi;1636778]Wow. Stop the presses. I agree with LovesMountains. I'd like to understand that, too.

QUOTE]

Just so lovesmountains doesn't think I'm just picking on her... see my response to lovesmountain's post. It's none of our business and the question doesn't need to be asked.

GT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,766,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
That is a totally unnecessary comment. It's none of anyone's business why they are planning to have a baby before getting married. She was asking for a referral to a doctor, simple as that. Leave it at that.

GT

I agree. Jesus' mother was not married when she became pregant with him.

Where is it written that you have to be married before planning to have a baby? Is this 1952?

To LovesMountains:

Maybe they plan on also getting married and then having the baby. She said her 'fiance'. They could be getting married next week. They did not say they were planning to get preganant before getting married, so you are making an ASSUMPTION (remember what ASSUME means?).

"My fiancee and I are starting to plan for a baby. I would like to go ahead and find and obgyn. and make a prenatal appt. before we become pregnant."

Let he without sin cast the first stone and judge not lest ye be judged yourself. If you ask me, they are doing a good thing by at least being intelligent and going to see an OB?GYN and asking for recommendations on them.

Last edited by groove1; 10-03-2007 at 03:12 PM..

Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM

509 posts, read 1,642,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
I can suggest an excellent pastor
arrghhhh.

Come on people. Is that really necessary?

GT

Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
I can suggest an excellent pastor
And I can find you a therapist.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:26 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
That is a totally unnecessary comment. It's none of anyone's business why they are planning to have a baby before getting married. She was asking for a referral to a doctor, simple as that. Leave it at that.

GT
AND I gave her a great referral. I thought I stated pretty plainly, I am really seeking to understand this trend in our culture. I would love to hear her views - I am not condemning anyone or ridiculing her, I just don't get why a woman would purposely get pregnant BEFORE getting married -again, I am truly seeking to understand and be educated.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
AND I gave her a great referral. I thought I stated pretty plainly, I am really seeking to understand this trend in our culture. I would love to hear her views - I am not condemning anyone or ridiculing her, I just don't get why a woman would purposely get pregnant BEFORE getting married -again, I am truly seeking to understand and be educated.
She never said she was getting pregant before getting married.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
She never said she was getting pregant before getting married.
Groove, I read her words that way, though of course I could be wrong. She said she and her fiance' are starting to plan for a baby. She didn't say she and her soon-to-be-husband, which would have made things more clear. These days people seem to stay fiance's longer and longer - sometimes even having 2 or 3 kids before getting married. I do not understand why people choose this order of doing things, but I am open to trying to understand a different point of view, if she cares to share it.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:40 PM

755 posts, read 2,242,082 times
lovesMountains, listen to the Tara Servatius show from Friday on WBT. It was all about this trend.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
lovesMountains, listen to the Tara Servatius show from Friday on WBT. It was all about this trend.
Thanks, I will

This is a trend that truly baffles me and I would like to know why it is occuring more and more often.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:11 PM

12 posts, read 41,596 times
Wow...it seems the way I phrased my question created quite a stir. We will be married before the end of the year and do not plan to actually start "trying" until early 2008. I want to get a jump start on the "planning" phase because we are both in our mid 30's and that carries some risk. To be quite honest though, I don't feel that you have to be married to have a baby.

Thanks for the referrals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or