U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 AM

2,082 posts, read 3,567,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by French family View Post
Merci 28173
Your comments are exactly what I was looking for in this forum.
Even if my husband is poor compared to Warren Buffet, I prefer paying more taxes ;-)
So you think the budget is fine for an apartment, not a house ?
I think you can find for your budget either a detached house (3 bedrooms or more) or a townhouse (attached on at least one side to another one). Nice thing about townhomes is that at least you don't have neighbors below or above.

Try this site as well to search for rental properties:

http://hotpads.com/rentals/418-Wakef...kground=hybrid

Ignore the house the site opens up to, create your own search.

There are many other websites as well, just to give you an idea of pricing and availability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Quote:
About the budget for the rent, I think around $2000-2500 / month.
Could you confirm that we should remove 30% taxes from the gross salary ?
Thanks
Your budget is very good for finding a home in a very nice area and neighborhood

The rental market is very tight however, so good rental homes go fairly quickly.

I would advise you to work with a real estate agent who deals with rental homes to secure something most easily and quickly.

I will send you a recommendation for someone on direct message.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,745 times
Quote:
Hi I'm Valerie, my husband is relocating from Paris to Charlotte NC (seemingly SW of the town), we have 2 kids ages 3 and 6 and we are looking for a good elementary school in Charlotte. We also would like to know where are the best places to live, ideally renting a house. I understood that our address will define our school disctrict.
We will make a preview trip in September and would be delighted to meet people from Charlotte, French or not !
Thanks
The Wine Cellar in Cornelius usually has a French meet-up on Friday nights. If you are out this way, it would be a great opportunity to meet local French people. They are a very friendly group. Also, Cornelius has good schools, commnuity, and ammenities. Put it on the list to check. Additionally, if you work in S.W. Charlotte, you will be going against rush-hour traffic coming and going to and from Cornelius. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or