Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times

Advertisements

The Charlotte Spay/Neuter Clinic as well as the Gaston County and Greenville, SC s/n clinics are spaying Pit Bulls for $20 during August. Yes, $20! The only drawback is that you have to get the animals there yourself, but it's easily found just off I-77 on Toomey Ave.

I realize this is about animals and perhaps should go int the pet forum but it is for our area here in NC and SC so I put it here. Please get the word out. These dogs are so abused and misunderstood.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 12:21 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
These dogs are so abused and misunderstood.......

That is not 100% true....

It will NEVER happen where ALL pit-bull owner spends the hours and hours it takes to train them properly...

They are an extremely aggressive breed....no amount of training will ever cure that.

The only way things will get better w/this breed is if the owners and dogs are STRICTLY regulated...

But how many toddlers mauled to death will it take for it to happen....

Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 PM

I'm not posting this to argue with anyone about their opinions--and we all have our own! But don't you agree then, it would be a great idea to get as many Pit Bulls spayed and neutered and keep the numbers down? I volunteer with the Humane Society so I know what is going on--the good the bad and the ugly. All I am doing here is trying to share some of the "good" so please work with me on this one!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I'm not posting this to argue with anyone about their opinions--and we all have our own! But don't you agree then, it would be a great idea to get as many Pit Bulls spayed and neutered and keep the numbers down? I volunteer with the Humane Society so I know what is going on--the good the bad and the ugly. All I am doing here is trying to share some of the "good" so please work with me on this one!
I understand they are trying...however so small...they are trying...

If it were up to me, I wouldn't allow dog "breeding" in general....people would only allowed to buy mutts or animals from the shelter.....there are too many animals being gassed and euthanized every day unnecessarily....

That would knock down the population big time.....cats included...

Will never happen though I know.....

Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 PM

Well look at that--you and I do agree! It's not the dog or the cat it is the people...trying to use these poor animals as a way to make money. But as you say--we won't change that thinking--especially in this area! Sadly.... But I can continue to try and pray that someday we can get this animal breeding under control! But until that day comes--here is an offer to help those who do want their Pit Bulls spayed or neutered. It's a great offer and an affordable price. So please spread the word!! Yes, it is only a small way to start any change--but small is better then none at all!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Please pass the word about this spay neuter deal for Pit Bulls. These dogs have an average litter of 5-10 puppies with more many times. Do we need more dogs--especially a dog that many people do not understand and do not take the time to properly train or have a large fenced in yard for them? NC needs to start somewhere on the animal control and not by having them killed after they are born. It's time to educate and learn how to keep this animal explosion under control. The offer is there--the price is right so let's get this done!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte