Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 PM

11 posts, read 17,845 times

Advertisements

I am working off Wilkson Blvd in the Airport Park Center, I like the area off Sharon Road and would like to find an affordable (under $825) 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in the district of South Mecklenburg Highschool. Helpful Feedback please, time is of the essence School Starts Soon...
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 08:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLilac View Post
I am working off Wilkson Blvd in the Airport Park Center, I like the area off Sharon Road and would like to find an affordable (under $825) 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in the district of South Mecklenburg Highschool. Helpful Feedback please, time is of the essence School Starts Soon...
Thanks
Sharon Rd is a very nice area. Just don't get it confused with Sharon Rd West, which you'd want to avoid in my opinion.

Your price range, however, is tight for a 2 bedroom (forget 3 bedrooms). Can you come up a little?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:09 AM

28 posts, read 46,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLilac View Post
Thanks
I believe you'll be able to find a 2 bedroom in your price range at The Bridges at Quail Hollow, although that would place you just at the beginning of Sharon Road West. You should find a 2 bedroom within your budget at The Crossing at Quail Hollow as well. Although it's not off of Sharon Road, it's practically next door to the school. There honestly aren't really that many apartment complexes on Sharon Road in close proximity to the school that I know of, a lot of town homes. I know there's Quail Hill Apartments, (don't know much about them).

I'm not sure how far the school's zoning extends in that direction either, with Myers Park being in that general direction.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 AM

461 posts, read 981,849 times
Quail Hill is purchased townhomes and flats, not apartments. There are probably some for rent though.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
Quail Hill is purchased townhomes and flats, not apartments. There are probably some for rent though.
I think you are confusing Quail Hollow Estates (the condo's) on Quail Hill Rd with the apts The Bridges at Quail Hollow, which is pretty much next door.

The condo's are "okay" - I do not recommend the apts.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:17 PM

28 posts, read 46,021 times
Hmm... the "Quail Hill" I referred to is actually across from the YMCA, at the intersection of Quail Hollow Rd. and Sharon Rd. The address is Quail Hill Apartments Dr., so I assumed they were apartments over there, although I honestly never bothered to look into them. Different location from both Quail Hollow Estates and The Bridges at Quail Hollow. I suppose it's possible they're townhomes too, but from the main road it looks like apartments back there.

I will say, when I looked into The Bridges at Quail Hollow, there was a two bedroom, two and a half bath, two story unit, with bay windows in the living room, and a concrete patio which allowed for grilling on your patio. This unit was available for $798. I'm not sure when they were built, it's not the newest place but seemed presentable.

Last edited by s4ean; 08-04-2012 at 08:25 PM..

Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,183,989 times
Yes the sharon road west multitude of apartments has a mutitude of law breakers in my opinion. Cops told me the guy who stole property from me lived there and the thief was gang related.....I dont live any place near that section.The OP may find what he is looking for in the olympic high school area.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:46 AM

184 posts, read 465,029 times
There are several apt. complexes on Park Rd. right next to South Meck. I pass them all the time and will post names the next time I do.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEABO14 View Post
There are several apt. complexes on Park Rd. right next to South Meck. I pass them all the time and will post names the next time I do.
You are probably thinking of Berkshire Place, Oakbrook, Johnston Creek Crossing and Plum Creek down - all down nearer to hwy 51. I'm not a fan (construction was really cheap so walls are thin, among other things) but they are certainly in a better area than anything on Sharon Rd. West and are "affordable"

Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM

11 posts, read 17,845 times
Thanks for all your input I have found a place on Sharon Lakes for the moment. Its nice size community with diverse residents alot of hispanics, S. Meck is in the zone however Smithfield is not but for 10 months it will due until I get more familiar with Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte