U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:26 PM

11,372 posts, read 8,905,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
I understand and agree with some of the OPs points. College towns do offer unique advantages.

But, I just can't see putting Tallahassee up there as an attractive college town. 90th percentile in natural beauty? Get real. And if we are discussing mediocre, FSU epitomizes academic mediocrity. (Well, they do have an outstanding circus school I suppose).
I think he just sprinkled in a few cities who have college charm and scenic views.... most of his big cities are out west.

College towns are great because they get younger crowds and an influx of new energy every semester and they get the best bands you never heard of for $5.

But in the summer time? Whomp, whomp.. dead.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,541,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
I understand and agree with some of the OPs points. College towns do offer unique advantages.

But, I just can't see putting Tallahassee up there as an attractive college town. 90th percentile in natural beauty? Get real. And if we are discussing mediocre, FSU epitomizes academic mediocrity. (Well, they do have an outstanding circus school I suppose).
You are right. I did my post-grad work at FSU. Tallahassee is a sleepy town and not on the coast. Absolutely nothing to brag about. Natural beauty? Naaa! Not Tallahassee. Need to trave a few miles. If that was one of his 90 percentile cities, he has lost credibility.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:36 PM

45,270 posts, read 86,203,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
Like a wise woman once said, "life's what you make it." Errr, wait a second...maybe that was Hannah Montanna.

Okay, perhaps this Joe Dirt quote would be more helpful:

Old Cajun Man: [In a muffled back water accent] Home is where you make it.
Joe Dirt: What?
Old Cajun Man: Home is where you make it.
Joe Dirt: You like to see homos naked?
Old Cajun man: Home is where you make it.
Joe Dirt: Oh.
[Walks away]
Joe Dirt: Guy likes to see homos naked, that doesn't help me.
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to goindownsouth2011 again

Old 08-21-2012, 05:44 AM

7,041 posts, read 12,832,806 times
Maybe all the snarky people that get uber defensive at what is essentially one person's opinion is high on the list as to "why he's come to dislike Charlotte a lot"??

I especially think that those that urge him to move and get outta here are the greatest assets to the city's reputation as a place where reasonable and thoughtful people live! (sic)

Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 AM

11,372 posts, read 8,905,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Maybe all the snarky people that get uber defensive at what is essentially one person's opinion is high on the list as to "why he's come to dislike Charlotte a lot"??

I especially think that those that urge him to move and get outta here are the greatest assets to the city's reputation as a place where reasonable and thoughtful people live! (sic)
lol... or maybe the OP runs around town telling everyone they are mediocre and poo poo's every waitress who brings him a plate of bland cuisine.

j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or