Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:59 AM

279 posts, read 447,864 times

Advertisements

Calling it "news" is a bit of a stretch. They could cut the costs by simply pointing a camera at a big cage of squawking birds. It's way too loud, too sensationalist, and little relevant or meaningful content. This applies to all the Charlotte stations. While they are at it, they could use some cockatoos for the car adverts.

I think WCNC had something going on a few years ago where they were a cut above the other stations. But the wheels came of that cart around 2010 and it's been downhill since. I don't watch that news anymore. It's just painful.

They don't have to produce good news these days because every one of you paying a satellite or cable subscription is forced to subsidized these stations whether you watch them or not.

Last edited by Barфsa; 08-16-2013 at 04:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:17 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,321,762 times
I watch for the traffic and weather. I tune everything else out.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:22 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,763,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
I watch for the traffic and weather. I tune everything else out.
I like Stuart Watson but end up seeing him more in person than on TV.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldway View Post
I love this thread. I moved down to Charlotte fron DC and honestly the only thing I miss about DC was the news anchors. Jim Vance is a total class act. My wife and I desperately miss the news stations, especially NBC4 in DC. Othe than that we love it here.

I agree with one poster above that said the traffic girl was horrible. I agree 100% with that one. My wife was telling me the new traffic girl is is horrible. She quoted her as saying the other day "there's an accident on 485, but then again there's always an accident on that road" and " there are cars everywhere on 77" she sounds like a true idiot. Oh how I miss NBC4!

Welcome to the big city. In New York, the rush hour traffic reports inevitably begin with "there's a backup on the Cross Bronx Expressway". They may as well say "rain is wet" in the weather report. A morning jam on 485 is now automatic.

Did this thread just ignore the previous traffic reporter defending herself on here? If it's actually her, I give her credit for that. If you really want to see news people dressed like streetwalkers, do a Youtube search on Fox-5 WNYW in New York.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:14 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Begley View Post

I may not dress the way YOU like but I didn't dress like a streetwalker. -Brittany
How come you don't work there anymore, Brittany?

Old 08-17-2013, 06:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
How come you don't work there anymore, Brittany?
Her Facebook page says that she moved to Ohio for her husband to take a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte