Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,353,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Dear, dear Rosie!

Yes, I can't believe it - seems we have been friends forever - but indeed, we met here!

I was very quiet last evening, except when son showed us this FANTASTIC vid, which I think deserves an advertising award for creativity. It would be the best commercial ever produced, only it was simply a fun creation based on a guy's reaction to getting his fast food. We played this over and over, sang with it, danced to it, for over 30 minutes. Someone is a fool not to hire this guy to do a real commercial!!!

This morning, I had to hear it again, and of course it has gone viral . . . so if you haven't seen the best vid out there right now - here it is!!!

OH MY DAYUM - NOW ON iTUNES !!! - YouTube
OMG ANI, that IS hysterical!!! That man loves his food for sure!! DAY YUM!!! LOLOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,488,374 times
Quote:
....Is that your field of expertise? If so, I will know who to engage for services next time......
"Well look, I already told you! I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

(office space quote if u didn't know)

I'm not a 'master coder' but I do solve problems.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,102,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
OMG ANI, that IS hysterical!!! That man loves his food for sure!! DAY YUM!!! LOLOL!!!!
Isn't that the coolest food video ever???? I want what he has! Someone, get that guy a contract doing commercials!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
"Well look, I already told you! I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

(office space quote if u didn't know)

I'm not a 'master coder' but I do solve problems.
Nice to know I have someone to dump my stuff on in the future, hee hee hee.

And I love Office Space!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,831,917 times
Quote:
Hey there Bibit!!! Is this even possible? COLLEGE???? and driver's licenses?

Oh my goodness.

I hope you got your eldest settled in -- and I hope you have good insurance on your car, lol. I remember when my son started driving . . . I made him wait a while to get his license and was so lucky that the parents of his friends did the same thing. It makes it so hard when the pressure is on to get that license the day they turn 16. There is nothing like the way your stomach knots up seeing them leave on their own in a car!!!!

Thank you for the good wishes and best of luck w/ all the household changes! You are getting closer and closer to that empty nest!!!
Ain't it a trip, Ani? Remember when they were young enough to be so unpretentious as to get into your hot tub one Turkey Day? So now, I get to think about which bar she's hanging around in when she's not old enough to drink, and then thinking about our famous suicide lanes over here while waiting for son to get home from school. Getting closer to that empty nest where you are, but I'm waiting to hear when you're gonna get a bona fide daughter-in-law, if it hasn't happened already. Not looking forward to that day on my end either!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Ain't it a trip, Ani? Remember when they were young enough to be so unpretentious as to get into your hot tub one Turkey Day? So now, I get to think about which bar she's hanging around in when she's not old enough to drink, and then thinking about our famous suicide lanes over here while waiting for son to get home from school. Getting closer to that empty nest where you are, but I'm waiting to hear when you're gonna get a bona fide daughter-in-law, if it hasn't happened already. Not looking forward to that day on my end either!

As for daughter-in-law - who knows? They have been together 7 years and engaged for at least 3 (might be 4). I call her my daughter . . . I got lucky. She and I even work together - helped her get her business up and running. What a gift to have a daughter-in-law who actually LIKES her mother-in-law!!!

You've done a great job with the kids, I am sure - so no worries. Part of growing up is learning how to handle the responsibilities and I am sure they have both been given a great foundation in self-reliance and personal responsibility!

You have the whole girlfriend and dating thing to deal with for now - long time b/f your son will be settling down. I am sure you will greet whomever he marries with open arms -- and lots of support.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM

Wanted to thank those of you who sent me personal birthday wishes via DM! Very much appreciated. It does soften the blow of seeing those digits rack up, lol!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 03:21 PM

3,364 posts, read 9,981,996 times
Belated happy birthday and remember you are only as old as you feel or admit to

Old 08-22-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Belated happy birthday and remember you are only as old as you feel or admit to

I think I shall embroider that on a canvas and hang it above my desk, lol. Thank you, Scotsman!

Once I moved back home, it quickly became evident I was not going to be able to keep up the lying about my age.

Too many of my high school and college friends who know the truth, LOL.

I feel 39.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:38 PM

3,364 posts, read 9,981,996 times
The other one I use is this.

On my last birthday I celebrated the 23rd anniversary of my 21st birthday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte