U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2006, 02:04 AM

11 posts, read 25,446 times

Advertisements

The discision has been made. After living here in California for just over twenty years, my girlfriend and I are moving to North Carolina! It was great when we first moved here, she from Wisconsin and myself from Colorado. But we have grown weary of this state for a variety of reasons.

After we visited North Carolina last fall to check out the NASCAR Technical Institute in Mooresville, we fell in love with the state. We flew into Raleigh/Durham and drove the back roads to Charlotte. We checked out the surrounding areas near Mooresville and Concord and really like the Lake Norman area.

We have used the internet to learn about the towns of Statesville, Troutman, Denver, Conover, Sherrills Ford, Hickory, Maiden, Lincolnton, Davidson, Cornelius, etc. and find that each has its' own appeal. We are asking for some help from North Carolinians on any info about any of the towns in the Lake Norman area.

Of course, since I am going to school in Moorseville, being close would be nice but my girlfriend will be looking for a new career (job). We have both worked in education for over twenty years so this is all very new and exciting for each of us. We are both pushing 50 years of age but we are far from ready for a retirement community! We ran a stock car team out here involving students in everything from marketing to mechanics, so we don't mind being around the young of heart!

We are visiting in April to secure housing and want to stay in a couple of Bed and Breakfasts in the Lake Norman area. Any suggestions?

Also, how is the high school wrestling out there? I coached for over 25 years and plan on officiating in North Carolina.

We look foward to hearing from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2006, 09:06 AM

11 posts, read 114,185 times
Question info on North Carolina needed

Hi CoachPearson,

My family is thinking about buying a vaction home in North Carolina but just do not know much about the area or pricing there. Can you give us some tips on where the best locations are or websites I could do some homework on?

Thank You,
Keith

Old 03-26-2006, 02:01 PM

61 posts, read 219,466 times
Keith,

One thing I forgot to give you on the NJ thread was the link for NC tourism.

www.visitnc.com

Alex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or