Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times

Advertisements

Yesterday around 10 I was in mood for some breakfast. Getting 10 o'clock breakfast is hard to do as most places either stop serving or biscuits was cooked hours ago.

I thought ok Ill deal with Salsarita and have lunch but they didnt open til 11.
I thought with my Homer Simpson voice mmmm Doughnuts. :P I just lhad my teeth cleaned from my dentist too lmao.

I open the door expecting them to be dead since it was late in the am and I was thinking novelty has worn off.
There was a group of people in line and I thought good for them, there business might last.
I didnt mind the little line as it gave me time to decide what flavors to have this time.
This time I had Boston Creme and Banana Pudding . I also notice they have a new flavors too. I over heard the lady behind counter tell a customer about how one particular doughnut is made from the drippings from all the other doughnuts.
Now I need to go other end and see how that grilled hot dog place is doing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 05:01 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
^Believe it or not, there are 6 Asian restaurants in that little area. JinJin, Noodletasia, Fusion 108, Yoshi's Grill, Star Sushi, and Roppa..?.whatever Sushi. This isn't counting the sushi bars in HT & Earth Fare. Bi-Lo used to serve sushi too, but they closed it.
Fishing is popular around Charlotte, can never have too many bait shops!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,683 times
ok folks, this is ridiculous. there has been a sign in the windows now for the past 3-4 days 'sorry we are sold out of donuts'. c'mon! yer a donut shop, for goodness sake! i think maybe after 5 months they are going out of business and simply chose not to restock.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joo munchies View Post
ok folks, this is ridiculous. there has been a sign in the windows now for the past 3-4 days 'sorry we are sold out of donuts'. c'mon! yer a donut shop, for goodness sake! i think maybe after 5 months they are going out of business and simply chose not to restock.
I havent been by in a fw weeks, are they out of all doughnuts or just certain flavors? Is this around the same time or just out around closing at 2?
They carry a wide variety of doughnuts, including fritters and holes?
Are they out out?

Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,069 times
I went there on May 4, at around 8:30am, and they had tons of donuts. I would assume that on weekends the later you go the less choices you will have. I would hope that they would be sold out by the time they close. I like the donuts they make. I am hoping they make it and stick around for a while.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM

82 posts, read 235,128 times
Stopped by at 11:45 this morning and the sign was already up. Ended up getting my donut fix down the street at Dunkin Donuts. Might not be the smartest thing to be entirely sold out of absolutely everything halfway through the day...I know I'll go somewhere else and not waste my time from now on since this seems to be a trend there.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,069 times
I have known other independent donut shops that did that. A friends father owned a donut shop and it was closed by 12:30. They don't sell enough donuts in the afternoon to make it worth staying open past noon.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM

That is why I mention earlier in this thread they should also sell gourmet cup cakes which basically would have same ingredients. A vanilla cup cake with boston creme frosting. mmmm mmm

I like DK because it fresh where DD is frozen.
I gotta assume rent isnt cheap in Rosedale as I have seen two hair salons, 2 coffee shops, Sunnys and party city fold.
I cant see how they can make a profit on a morning only business.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:56 PM

13 posts, read 17,761 times
Donut King is now closed

Old 07-03-2014, 08:17 PM

They have been for the last couple of months and not surprise at all base on inconsistency and its a cake doughnut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte