Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 AM

430 posts, read 803,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Based on the OP's requirements, I recommend Troutman, Bessemer City, or Mt. Holly. I would avoid Union county.
Why? It fits the requirements that were given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
Fort Mill. Excellent schools, cheaper gas, and you don't need to get your vehicle inspected every year.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:05 AM

24 posts, read 33,830 times
Mint Hill is beautiful. Small town, but close to everything. Not nearly as much traffic as other 'small town' areas in the Charlotte area.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,159,064 times
Quote:
Based on the OP's requirements, I recommend Troutman, Bessemer City, or Mt. Holly. I would avoid Union county.
I hope you are kidding, there so many advantages for living in Western UC (Marvin, Waxhaw, Weddington), no wonder is one of top areas for transplants into Charlotte area:

- top schools recently built
- lower property taxes than Charlotte
- safe area
- close proximity to Charlotte
- amazing neighborhoods built around family needs
- great shopping/restaurants within 5-10 minutes drive
- Blackney is a great plaza with live music, restaurants & shopping
- cheap gas within 5 minutes drive in SC
- etc

Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
How about gastonia? Much cheaper than here.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,367,900 times
Quote:

I, too was a bit shocked to see that. Avoid it on what basis? Parts of it would be outside of a 30 minute commute, but within their 30 mile range. I am 28 miles from uptown and still commute there everyday. I dont mind one bit. We moved here because it has some of the best schools in the state, you can be close to shopping but out there enough to enjoy nature, and everything is geared towards family.

I'm not sure what the underlying reason was to suggest avoiding it, but please share so us in UC can understand. I absolutely love it here (Waxhaw).

Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 AM

55 posts, read 142,643 times
We are visiting some areas in York County today, and last weekend we drove up to the Huntersville area. We have friends in both counties. We are leaning toward Huntersvilles or a few miles acoss the state line into York, maybe Fort Mill. We tried the big city of Charlotte and are ready for a change. We thank everyone for their suggestions.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenjohn View Post
We are visiting some areas in York County today, and last weekend we drove up to the Huntersville area. We have friends in both counties. We are leaning toward Huntersvilles or a few miles acoss the state line into York, maybe Fort Mill. We tried the big city of Charlotte and are ready for a change. We thank everyone for their suggestions.
You could have gotten more suggestions if you had ever defined for us what "middle income" means to you.

We have no idea what price range you are looking in, so it's hard to be specific with neighborhoods.

Just sayin'

Old 12-24-2012, 09:21 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You could have gotten more suggestions if you had ever defined for us what "middle income" means to you.
We have no idea what price range you are looking in, so it's hard to be specific with neighborhoods.
I know Susan and her husband. They know what it is like in upper S.C. having visited my home and other friends in the area. I referred them to a Ballantyne agent who is helping them look in other areas like Huntersville, maybe even Gaston County.
They mentioned to me they were not going to post their income level on any website.
And it's a shame they have been forced to use the public library when they come down here to visit due to some of the type of people on CD. They'll make the decision they feel is best, and I'm sure their decision will work out well for them and their young family. If not they can always move. The Charlotte area is a wide one.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I know Susan and her husband. They know what it is like in upper S.C. having visited my home and other friends in the area. I referred them to a Ballantyne agent who is helping them look in other areas like Huntersville, maybe even Gaston County.
They mentioned to me they were not going to post their income level on any website.
And it's a shame they have been forced to use the public library when they come down here to visit due to some of the type of people on CD. They'll make the decision they feel is best, and I'm sure their decision will work out well for them and their young family. If not they can always move. The Charlotte area is a wide one.
No one wanted to know their income. Better advice can be given if we know the price range that they're looking at & the location of the job. (not the actual address, just the approximate area. . .)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte