U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM

322 posts, read 504,135 times

Advertisements

Secret Service Arrests Charlotte Man For Twitter Death Threats Against Barack Obama | The Smoking Gun

Did I say redneck?

What a dummy LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM

162 posts, read 188,493 times
Goodness, this is a mess.

In the article it states the guy claims to be Lupe Fiasco's #1 fan. Lupe Fiasco is a rapper who claims President Obama is a terroist and is very vocal on how much he hates the president.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,220,362 times
He is a loon. Really sad.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,372,320 times
Anything I want to post about this idiot and his favorite rapper would garner unwanted mod attention, so I'll just keep that to myself.

How were the Tweets found by the SS?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 AM

6,272 posts, read 10,036,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulok View Post
First of all, here's the "redneck".

Charlotte man charged with threatening president | CharlotteObserver.com

I found his tweets, but I won't post them. I will say though that they were pretty bad and VERY stupid. To my knowledge, the secret service found out about this guy late Tuesday and were in the process of finding him by Wednesday. It's possible that this guy was the "other reason" why the stadium event turned into a high security arena event.

Without quoting his tweets exactly, it seems that he is angry with Obama for being an educated man of color who teaches other men of color to have self-responsibility. He makes it clear in those tweets that he is upset with a man like Obama for expecting greatness and ambition from all men of color (as if such expectations can never be a reality). I just want to cry after seeing this story. I've blogged before about the issue of black on black hatred that I've experienced here in Charlotte. It makes me sick to see that our president has somehow become a victim of that which I've experienced myself. I'm so embarrassed and I feel so lost for words.... I'm not in denial though because I've seen this type of mentality in Charlotte with my own eyes. There ARE parts of Charlotte (many of them being heavily black areas) where successful/well spoken blacks are simply not welcomed; so not welcomed that they're even hated by other blacks.

This is a classic case of the so-called "keepin it real black man" showing his hatred for the successful "buster" (or the more commonly known "uncle Tom"). Arrest his "keepin it real" arse, throw away the key and make an example out of him. I'm sick of it, and it's time that we deal with ignorance within the black community with the same swiftness that we would if it had been a "redneck" (I hate that word by the way).

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 09-07-2012 at 05:16 AM..

Old 09-07-2012, 05:03 AM

820 posts, read 1,538,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

I found his tweets, but I won't post them. I will say though that they were pretty bad and VERY stupid. To my knowledge, the secret service found out about this guy late Tuesday and were in the process of finding him by Wednesday. It's possible that this guy was the "other reason" why the stadium event turned into a high security arena event.

Without quoting his tweets exactly, it seems that he is angry with Obama for being an educated man of color who teaches other men of color to have self-responsibility. He makes it clear in those tweets that he is upset with a man like Obama for expecting greatness and ambition from all men of color (as if such expectations can never be a reality). I just want to cry after seeing this story. I've blogged before about the issue of black on black hatred that I've experienced here in Charlotte. It makes me sick to see that our president has somehow become a victim of that which I've experienced myself. I'm so embarrassed and I feel so lost for words.... I'm not in denial though because I've seen this type of mentality in Charlotte with my own eyes. There ARE parts of Charlotte (many of them being heavily black areas) where successful/well spoken blacks are simply not welcomed; so not welcomed that they're even hated by other blacks.

This is a classic case of the so-called "keepin it real black man" showing his hatred for the successful "buster" (or the more commonly known "uncle Tom"). Arrest his "keepin it real" arse, throw away the key and make an example out of him. I'm sick of it, and it's time that we deal with ignorance within the black community with the same swiftness that we would if it had been a "redneck" (I hate that word by the way).
Excellent post.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:47 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,177,437 times
This is a classic case of the so-called "keepin it real black man" showing his hatred for the successful "buster" (or the more commonly known "uncle Tom"). Arrest his "keepin it real" arse, throw away the key and make an example out of him. I'm sick of it, and it's time that we deal with ignorance within the black community with the same swiftness that we would if it had been a "redneck" (I hate that word by the way).[/quote]

Can't lock him up and throw away the key when the jails are full and the judges let them off
without concern. If this person is an example of community people that are not productive to
themselves or society, the best way to deal with these goofballs is to cut off the source of
funding!!!

The SS should find out how this person is financially enabled.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:19 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,220,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

You are always so good about explaining this stuff, Urban. Unless someone explains this type of cultural phenomenon to me, I end up very confused.

Now, I did think when I first saw that this kid was black - "self hatred" - as my black friends have explained that concept to me.

I read a verbatim copy of all his tweets and I was just STUNNED. I would have been stunned had ANYONE written them but for this kid to identify w/ Lee Harvy Oswald - it just made no sense at all to me. I know anyone of any cultural background and ethnicity can be "disturbed" - but I couldn't understand why a person who I would THINK would see Pres Obama as a role model - was expressing hate instead.

So is that what the "keepin' it real" statement means? That you are not supposed to "rise above" whatever you were born into????

PS - Gotta spread the love b/f I can give out the rep . . .

Old 09-07-2012, 06:39 AM

6,272 posts, read 10,036,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So is that what the "keepin' it real" statement means? That you are not supposed to "rise above" whatever you were born into????
That's pretty much what it means. However, my mother always told me that most of the time it's a "keepin it real STUPID" type of mentality. I grew up in public housing, and I can tell you that most folks in those situations don't make rap music about it; they plot a way to get out. Some do it legally (Obama), some don't (Jay-Z). But both groups are trying to get out. What this young idiot doesn't understand is that folks like him (Jay-Z) have written songs like "My president is black" in total support of a "brotha" president that is setting a positive legal example for us all. It wasn't a "dirty south" rapper talking about "da trap" that finally got Charlotte's name on the map. It was a black (actually biracial) president who decided to host his re-election convention here. Guess what thanks that president got; a headline of someone with similar skin color tweeting about killing him.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 AM

11,808 posts, read 9,401,230 times
Self-Hate is real but I think this guy accomplished what he wanted... ATTENTION!!! There are some real loons out there and some of them are doing a lot more than tweeting.

One thing I'm noticing in Charlotte in the black community is a "life isn't worth living" mentality by the youth. I see a lot of youth walking in the street next to sidewalks on busy roads. Not sure what that's about but IMO it seems as though some of them just don't care.

I don't want to go in too hard on my race because I'm seeing a lot of crazy in all races... but in Charlotte, this really is a problem

and if vmax is reading, I concede, you were right, this music and entertainment has these kids twisted.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 09-07-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or