U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2006, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 6,590 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about the Tega Cay / Fort Mill area and I have herd it is good area , can anyone tell me of any experience's they have had in the area. I also was thinking about the Charlotte Airport for a job, specifically the Airport Police. If anyone has any input on any of the above mentioned areas it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2006, 09:14 PM

390 posts, read 1,368,758 times
We live in South Charlotte right now and are building a house in Tega Cay. I love Charlotte, but I'm weary of the commute, and with all the growth in Union County, just south of us, my commute is just going to get worse. Tega Cay and Fort Mill are more laid back, less suburban and more small town. You can get around without a car - which I definitely can't say in Charlotte. The schools are very highly regarded. There a lots of festivals and family-oriented things to do. I obviously recommend the area - I can't wait to move there! Your commute would be a breeze going from there to the airport.

Last edited by megassel; 10-08-2006 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-09-2006, 09:32 PM

136 posts, read 299,376 times
Default Tega Cay

Hello! First, let me clarify, I have NEVER been to Tega Cay...but I've been researching it A LOT online and I have friends that live just across the way in Charlotte, and they highly recommended it. Schools are better than the Mecklenburg district, crime is lower, and taxes in SC are lower too. I'm sure it's all relative to where you're coming from; coming from a large city myself I'm worried it may be a bit small but smaller isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,902,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelle View Post
Hello! First, let me clarify, I have NEVER been to Tega Cay...but I've been researching it A LOT online and I have friends that live just across the way in Charlotte, and they highly recommended it. Schools are better than the Mecklenburg district, crime is lower, and taxes in SC are lower too. I'm sure it's all relative to where you're coming from; coming from a large city myself I'm worried it may be a bit small but smaller isn't necessarily a bad thing...
Hey Kelle, since me and you currently live like 2 miles from one another right now, I'll give you my take since I've been to Fort Mill. It does feel like a very small town to me, and that's an ok thing for sure, but for me I like some more action and Lake Norman and Birkdale is a better fit for me. I think if you like a more homier place you will like Fort Mill. It's different than what we are used to here in Gilbert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or