Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 4,238,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
Does the Lynx run by this new stadium? If not, how far will the walk be?
No the Lynx does not run by the new stadium...a couple of blocks to walk from Lynx, not far.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-16-2012 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: orphan the referring post edited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 09:54 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times
Quote:
The NFL has a lot more arrests than the NBA. But the NBA leads the stats in fathering illegitimate children. You can decide for yourself what the race of the worst offenders is.

I think it will be about a 5 block walk

Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,440,425 times
Uptown is a much better location for people north & west of the city. It's even closer for people in Monroe. It's a more central location. I think that it's a good move.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:00 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,553,991 times
Quote:
The NFL has a lot more arrests than the NBA. But the NBA leads the stats in fathering illegitimate children. You can decide for yourself what the race of the worst offenders is.

NFL has 53 players on a team... NBA has 12.

The NBA also has 41 road games and the NFL only has 8. More chances to slip up and have a kid in the NBA.
The NHL has tons of thuggery but it's applauded just like bench clearing brawls in baseball.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Uptown is a much better location for people north & west of the city. It's even closer for people in Monroe. It's a more central loction. I think that it's a good move.
That's a very good point - it will be so much more centrally located and therefore attract folks from many outerlying areas like Monroe.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:13 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,977,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Does fathering children out of wedlock make one a thug? If so, there a bunch of thugs in corporate america. What are the numbers in the NHL?
I never tied the thug and illegetimate children together, but a problem in the community is the lack of a father. Do these athletes spend quality time with each child, or just send a check to the baby mama? I don't know.

NBA vs NHL? Here's a little snippet of what I found, it is a little out dated. I don't seem to see any NHL stars being on the list. But this is my last reply since we are getting off topic here.

the following have 6+ kids

•Ray Lewis (NFL) – Rumored to have 6 children by 4 women
•Marshall Faulk (NFL) – Also rumored to have 6 children, but by 3 women
Kenny Anderson (NBA) - 7 children from 5 different mothers (3 girlfriends and 2 wives
•Antonio Cromartie (NFL) – 7 illegitimate kids by 6 women by age 25
•Shawn Kemp (NBA) – 7 illegitimate kids by 6 women (some rumors put these numbers MUCH higher)
•Derrick Thomas (NFL) – 7 illegitimate kids by 5 women at the time of his death at age 33
•Jason Caffey (NBA) – 8 illegitimate children by 7 women
•Travis Henry (NFL) – 9 kids by 9 women by age 28
•Willie Anderson (NBA) – 9 illegitimate kids
•Calvin Murphy (NBA) – 14 illegitimate kids by 9 women

Old 09-13-2012, 10:22 AM

Okay you guys, I've let it go on long enough - please do not derail this thread!

We are talking BASEBALL uptown, not any other sport. Thank you!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Even though I live in the "sticks" (union county) I have to agree w/this..

Its also a nice excuse to take my boy uptown, grab some dinner, and do a little walking around......
I like this idea too and could see myself doing the same thing.

Apparently they are going to build the stadium in a way that allows fans to face the skyline which will be awesome.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 AM

239 posts, read 374,560 times
WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! YOU ARE BECOMING DANGEROUSLY RACIST! This will be your ABSOLUTE LAST warning to STOP! And thats ALL I am going to say about it

Quote:
I never tied the thug and illegetimate children together, but a problem in the community is the lack of a father. Do these athletes spend quality time with each child, or just send a check to the baby mama? I don't know.

NBA vs NHL? Here's a little snippet of what I found, it is a little out dated. I don't seem to see any NHL stars being on the list. But this is my last reply since we are getting off topic here.

the following have 6+ kids

•Ray Lewis (NFL) – Rumored to have 6 children by 4 women
•Marshall Faulk (NFL) – Also rumored to have 6 children, but by 3 women
Kenny Anderson (NBA) - 7 children from 5 different mothers (3 girlfriends and 2 wives
•Antonio Cromartie (NFL) – 7 illegitimate kids by 6 women by age 25
•Shawn Kemp (NBA) – 7 illegitimate kids by 6 women (some rumors put these numbers MUCH higher)
•Derrick Thomas (NFL) – 7 illegitimate kids by 5 women at the time of his death at age 33
•Jason Caffey (NBA) – 8 illegitimate children by 7 women
•Travis Henry (NFL) – 9 kids by 9 women by age 28
•Willie Anderson (NBA) – 9 illegitimate kids
•Calvin Murphy (NBA) – 14 illegitimate kids by 9 women

Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,307,145 times
I wonder if the Uptown baseball stadium will lower the attendance at the Kannapolis Intimidators and the Gastonia Grizzlies games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte