Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM

31 posts, read 66,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie4417 View Post
Please provide proof to support your allegations. Given the fact I have seen you complain about your house "almost" being burned down by fireworks, and about a fight that "almost" happened at Harris Teeter, I doubt that you have your facts straight on this.

I work uptown, park on Graham street across from the site where the stadium is going to be built, and I would not hesitate to walk in that area any day, at any time.

I think you should change your screen name to Chicken Little, as it appears that the sky is always falling in your world of unfounded fears and unfair assumptions.
I have worked and parked in uptown for the better part of the last 15 years, including several where I parked in a lot probably very near the one you park in.

I will say that there were times when I found it necessary to take specific routes to the car after dark, and was witness to the remains of many car break-ins in my lot. However, that was in the late '90s and early '00s.

I don't feel the same way about that part of town at the moment, and certainly when development like a baseball stadium and related improvements are complete, the area will be as user friendly as any in Uptown.

I'm looking forward to it, and I live 10 mins from current location, so it would be more of a hassle to take my kids to a game, but I think the improved experience will be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
I wonder if the Uptown baseball stadium will lower the attendance at the Kannapolis Intimidators and the Gastonia Grizzlies games.
Somehow I don't think so.

Last edited by lovesMountains; 09-13-2012 at 11:53 AM..

Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 AM

247 posts, read 378,136 times
Quote:
I wonder if the Uptown baseball stadium will lower the attendance at the Kannapolis Intimidators and the Gastonia Grizzlies games.
I would still likely go to the Intimidators. I have never been to the Grizzlies, but the new stadium would likely not prevent me from going there either.

I think a big factor is ticket prices in the new venue. If they stay pretty close to the old park, I will likely spend my dollars to see an AAA team more often than not, but that being said - I go to more Knights game now than Intimidators games, and it costs more.

To me, there are few advantages to the Knights being in SC. I suppose cheaper gas, fireworks and Frugal MacDoogal's can make the trip worthwhile, but still...

Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
That's unlikely, but it's easier to go to Uptown than Fort Mill (& closer), so people might go when the other teams have road games.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
I cannot wait for this to be completed. A baseball stadium in Uptown? Oh my God.
Can't wait for the hotels and businesses to open up along with it!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay you guys, I've let it go on long enough - please do not derail this thread!

We are talking BASEBALL uptown, not any other sport. Thank you!
The Knights aren't famous enough to be considered in the baby drama topic.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:31 PM

239 posts, read 376,540 times
This would have been the perfect year to have been in the new stadium Uptown..arent the Knights in the playoffs this year?

And any word on if the ACC BASEBALL championship would come to Charlotte after the stadium is built?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The Knights aren't famous enough to be considered in the baby drama topic.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:13 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
This would have been the perfect year to have been in the new stadium Uptown..arent the Knights in the playoffs this year?

And any word on if the ACC BASEBALL championship would come to Charlotte after the stadium is built?
They were. They got swept by the Pawtucket Red Sux in the 2nd round. The season is over

Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
I cannot wait for this to be completed. A baseball stadium in Uptown? Oh my God.
Can't wait for the hotels and businesses to open up along with it!
Would these be the same ones that were supposed to spring up when the decision was made to put BofA stadium there or the ones that were supposed to spring up when the decision was made to put the NBA Arena downtown?

Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 AM

239 posts, read 376,540 times
moving right along.... Does anyone have any information about the proposed 20 story apartment building near the ballpark? is it just a proposal? or is it DEFINITELY going to be built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Would these be the same ones that were supposed to spring up when the decision was made to put BofA stadium there or the ones that were supposed to spring up when the decision was made to put the NBA Arena downtown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte