U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Ayrsley
4,714 posts, read 8,457,079 times
Reputation: 3814

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Sounds interesting....but in this market, short-lived. We'll see.
I disagree. I think they can do quite well in this market, especially when you consider that other more "upscale" type stores (such as Dean & Deluca, which this concept seems to be somewhat modeled after) seem to be doing quite well.

The wine & beer selection alone should bring traffic in the door; Charlotte has a craft-beer market that is really starting to take off with the opening of so many local breweries and a lot of people who are interested in craft-beers and microbrews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,772 posts, read 11,865,604 times
Reputation: 6513
I'm minutes away from the one that will be in Wesley chapel so I'll be checking it out for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Concord, NC
247 posts, read 324,865 times
Reputation: 190
Is this going in the space that Lowe's Foods used to occupy on Eastfield Rd at Prosperity Church Rd? For some strange reason, that shows as Huntersville. It would make sense to do something a bit different in that location since there is an existing Harris Teeter on Poplar Tent at Harris Rd and on Prosperity Church near Ridge Road. I am sure the residents of Highland Creek and Skybrook would frequent it and keep it in business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 AM
 
1,259 posts, read 1,263,597 times
Reputation: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie4417 View Post
Is this going in the space that Lowe's Foods used to occupy on Eastfield Rd at Prosperity Church Rd? For some strange reason, that shows as Huntersville. It would make sense to do something a bit different in that location since there is an existing Harris Teeter on Poplar Tent at Harris Rd and on Prosperity Church near Ridge Road. I am sure the residents of Highland Creek and Skybrook would frequent it and keep it in business.
no its off of exit 25 highway 73
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
 
3,914 posts, read 3,940,876 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie4417 View Post
Is this going in the space that Lowe's Foods used to occupy on Eastfield Rd at Prosperity Church Rd? For some strange reason, that shows as Huntersville. It would make sense to do something a bit different in that location since there is an existing Harris Teeter on Poplar Tent at Harris Rd and on Prosperity Church near Ridge Road. I am sure the residents of Highland Creek and Skybrook would frequent it and keep it in business.
Edit: Nice job noticing this.

This is an interesting question so I looked into it further. The store we had been discussing off Exit 25 on Kenton Place is actually considered to be in Cornelius according the building dept and the phone book. (last years) So this isn't the store in question. The store that IS in Huntersville is located at 13108 Eastfield (near Highland Creek) and does have a building permit for putting up a sign that says 201 Central.

So it's the Lowes store in the far east of Huntersville which was annexed by Huntersville years ago to keep Kannapolis out. Not the one we had been discussing located at Lake Norman.

This is what they mean by assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
 
1,259 posts, read 1,263,597 times
Reputation: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Edit: Nice job noticing this.

This is an interesting question so I looked into it further. The store we had been discussing off Exit 25 on Kenton Place is actually considered to be in Cornelius according the building dept and the phone book. (last years) So this isn't the store in question. The store that IS in Huntersville is located at 13108 Eastfield (near Highland Creek) and does have a building permit for putting up a sign that says 201 Central.

So it's the Lowes store in the far east of Huntersville which was annexed by Huntersville years ago to keep Kannapolis out. Not the one we had been discussing located at Lake Norman.

This is what they mean by assumptions.
Wow that changes my thoughts on it. I think that is a sucky location for that type of store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 12:09 PM
 
5,869 posts, read 7,700,210 times
Reputation: 3366
I believe the one in Kenton Place was originally supposed to be one of these specialty stores but for some reason they decided against it (at least for now).

Harris Teeter on hold for Lowe’s Foods site in Cornelius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
57 posts, read 117,500 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Wow that changes my thoughts on it. I think that is a sucky location for that type of store.


Disagree. Its a good spot for the concept. There is nothing at all mirroring that type of concept close by (i.e. Total Wine, Whole Foods, etc), and plenty of wine and cheese crowd to keep it afloat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Wesley Chapel
423 posts, read 661,572 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I'm minutes away from the one that will be in Wesley chapel so I'll be checking it out for sure!
I drive by this location a few times a day. I'm sure I'll be stopping in at least weekly. I really think that a lot of people will go there. We don't have anything similar nearby, but many people I know are quite excited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Concord, NC
247 posts, read 324,865 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
I drive by this location a few times a day. I'm sure I'll be stopping in at least weekly. I really think that a lot of people will go there. We don't have anything similar nearby, but many people I know are quite excited.
Agreed. I was not a fan of the Lowe's Food when it was in that space - it always seemed a bit dirty and not well kept.

I am interested to see what they will offer, and at what price points, so count me among the people who are excited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top