U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 PM

642 posts, read 985,256 times

Advertisements

I am about to move to the USA and to Charlotte. We are both over 65 and have zero entitlement to any US health scheme since neither of us has ever worked in the US.

We are coming to take our retirement in Charlotte and are both looking forward to our move.

Health insurance has been a bit of a headache (sorry) from day one. The company who seems to be the best for us is Inclusive Health Inclusive Health North Carolina - You Are Insurable.. With the coming of Obamacare, things are changing and you may not get all the answers you need immediately. However two things ARE certain.
1). you will get insurance via this route
2). you will be able to enroll around October time, I believe

In the meantime, we have had a lot of help from Janet Taranto who has worked with us since 2009. Her website is Taranto Insurance Services, www.agreatinsuranceplan.com - Home If this link gets deleted please just DM me. Janet has been fantastic and without her help we would not be getting health insurance at all. She has even arranged temporary insurance between the time when our tourist insurance expires and the starting of Obamabacare on 1/1/2014. If you call Janet tell her some English guy on the forum told you to call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 03:47 PM

6,032 posts, read 7,514,850 times
I wonder if she has told you that Inclusive health is not taking new applicants. It is out of money anfd not getting further funding at the moment. This is both state and federal inclusive.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM

642 posts, read 985,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I wonder if she has told you that Inclusive health is not taking new applicants. It is out of money anfd not getting further funding at the moment. This is both state and federal inclusive.
Yep. Inclusive health will no longer be providing either State or Federal insurance. My understanding is that they will be providing Obamacare (whatever that manifests itself as) later this year.

I do not believe that we will have a problem obtaining the insurance we need. I have set aside $25K per year forever (well, our lifetimes) to cover this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte