Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2006, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,821 times

Advertisements

My fiance' and I planned on moving to the LakeNorman area in a couple of months. We put our house up for sale and were looking at least a 3 month period before it sold. Howevever ,it ended up selling in 16 days. Pretty fast for the way houses are selling in the Southeast Michigan area. We had hoped to make one more trip to Charlotte before moving. Now we have a little more then a month to look for an Apartment. We might have to take one without seeing it first. A few that looked promicing are Parkview Apartments in Huntersville, Riverpark Apartments in Mooresville,Willow Creek in Mooresville,Peidmont Point in Mooresville,and Riverwalk in Huntersville. Does anyone live at or around any of these property's. Could someone direct me as to find the crime rate around in these areas. Are the areas Bicycle friendly. Thanks in advance for the help.
Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,744 times
Smile Lake Norman renting

There's a really good website TR Lawing - a large property manager has, that has all kinds of data to help you decide where to live. Lake Norman is really in high demand - good highway access to surrounding area and you can live near a lovely recreational lake with lovely surroundings, low crime rate, etc. and easily be out of the city rat race. There are three great duplexes there in Mooresville, on Doolie Rd., a short hop to water's edge. Each has around an acre of land, is 2 bed, 2 bath, cathedral ceilings, HVAC, free well water, washer/dryer, and most have 1 or 2 car garages attached. A real find. Ted Gantt at T R Lawing in Charlotte has more information - to see if any are available right now. Shouldn't be hard to find a very desireable, safe place to live there.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM

4 posts, read 15,803 times
Default apt on Lake Norman

Have you considered renting a house instead of an apt? Might be a more what you're looking for since you had a house in Michigan.
I don't really know about the crime and biking, but there is a Mooresville city website that should have info on crime at least.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:44 AM

9 posts, read 47,887 times
Hey, fellow michigander, where did you sell from? If ours sells that fast we might have to rent too. I can't wait to get to N.C.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:33 PM

876 posts, read 3,793,126 times
I sent you a PM, dunno if you got it or not?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,136 times
I am moving to Mooresville in late Aug. Does anyone know about the Clusters apartments and also like some thoughts on racial diversity in this area. I love being around differnt backgrounds especially positve attitudes. Don't take this the wrong way I just don't know anything about this area. I am coming from Winston Salem and I hope there are better schools and better things to do there

Old 05-04-2010, 11:09 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,549,424 times
[quote=michiganmtnbkr;4361]My fiance' and I planned on moving to the LakeNorman area in a couple of months. We put our house up for sale and were looking at least a 3 month period before it sold. Howevever ,it ended up selling in 16 days. Pretty fast for the way houses are selling in the Southeast Michigan area. We had hoped to make one more trip to Charlotte before moving. Now we have a little more then a month to look for an Apartment. We might have to take one without seeing it first. A few that looked promicing are Parkview Apartments in Huntersville, Riverpark Apartments in Mooresville,Willow Creek in Mooresville,Peidmont Point in Mooresville,and Riverwalk in Huntersville. Does anyone live at or around any of these property's. Could someone direct me as to find the crime rate around in these areas. Are the areas Bicycle friendly. Thanks in advance for the help.
Doug[/QUOTE

How close to amenities do you want to be? Do you want more of a rural feel, still close to things, or do you want to be able to walk to restaurants etc?

I wouldn't say Mooresville was bicycle friendly, at least not HWY 150 where the RiverPark appts are.
I think you could get a nicer location, better appt and price in Mooresville.What's your budget for rent?

There are some brick town homes in Morrison plantation, within a short walk to restaurants and grocery.They're around $900 pm.

This might help too.

Mooresville, NC Apartments & Houses Rent Comparison, Neighborhood Rent Maps

I

Last edited by susan42; 05-04-2010 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: sp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte