U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 PM

238 posts, read 495,076 times

Advertisements

Sport Connection
Weddingtion Activity Center
SAS Cupcakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 04:12 PM

512 posts, read 912,838 times
Thanks so much - everyone!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:08 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,338,411 times
I second sports connection(can be very crowded), funkytown parties(definately great for older kids), and noahs art(love, love, love it...). Also, if you are looking for something economical, the Morrison YMCA does birthday parties too. We have had great success there with a gymnastics party and a Girls Rock party. They also have lots of other themes. Another bounce house that is yours for the party is Space Kidets in Matthews. Your party has the space the entire time. They start in a large bounce house area, go to a party room for cake/food, then last is a video gaming room(no charge). We did a 5th birthday party there and it was perfect.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 AM

3,322 posts, read 4,536,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
I second sports connection(can be very crowded), funkytown parties(definately great for older kids), and noahs art(love, love, love it...). Also, if you are looking for something economical, the Morrison YMCA does birthday parties too. We have had great success there with a gymnastics party and a Girls Rock party. They also have lots of other themes. Another bounce house that is yours for the party is Space Kidets in Matthews. Your party has the space the entire time. They start in a large bounce house area, go to a party room for cake/food, then last is a video gaming room(no charge). We did a 5th birthday party there and it was perfect.

We had a party for our 4-year old boy at Funkytown and we were a bit disappointed. They vehemently recommended some dancer/hulahoop woman to give a show. We weren't sure, well my wife wasn't sure, but I was sure I didn't want it but my wife gave in and agreed. The dancer did a 30 minute show and I was not impressed at all and neither were the kids. They just wanted to dance and this show took time away from the dance time. Other than that, it was fine but pricy.

I agree with the poster above that for older kids it probably is much better.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM

372 posts, read 562,754 times
My oldest turns 9 this weekend and we have refused to ever do chucky cheese.....over the years we have had his parties at space kidets (that was fun, because only your group has access to the bounce houses, unlike monkey joe's), sports connection, zuma fun park (caveat of that place is that kids tend to get seperated due to fact there is a lot to do there), plaza fiesta, and this weekend his party will be at sky high sports (trampolines).....plaza fiesta was probably our least favorite due to the fact that we were shorted on our time,and they tried to overcharge. However, all the other places were very enjoyable! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte