U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:21 AM

272 posts, read 225,536 times
Default Rivergate shopping center Steele Creek

I know the center was just rezoned to add another 155,000 sq ft of retail/office space. Any idea what is going in besides a Buffalo Wild Wing? Also, when is BBW to open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 08:49 AM

3,214 posts, read 5,906,113 times
Saw this morning that it looks like, they are finally starting on this 155,000 square feet.

Wondering if anybody has any ideas as to what stores and restaurants they will be putting in.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM

112 posts, read 77,018 times
A trader joes is planned. I know that for sure. Other than that I'm not sure either. Steele Creek is changing quickly. When I first moved here fifteen years ago 49 was one lane with a harris teeter haha. How times have changed. Especially with the outlet malls going in just down the road from rivergate.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 AM

272 posts, read 225,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekansas123 View Post
A trader joes is planned. I know that for sure. Other than that I'm not sure either. Steele Creek is changing quickly. When I first moved here fifteen years ago 49 was one lane with a harris teeter haha. How times have changed. Especially with the outlet malls going in just down the road from rivergate.
Where did you find info for Trader Joe's? Went on their website and there was nothing about this. I do agree that this area has blown up! When we moved here 11 yrs ago, we could hear cows in the morning when we opened our door.....times have changed!!! Now if we can finally get CMS to build that middle school on that patch of land just north of the border on Steele Creek rd and a new H.S. As well!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM

936 posts, read 1,187,056 times
I know they are planning a location at a place called Rivergate in TENNESSEE, but their website doesn't list anything about Charlotte, NC.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 AM

463 posts, read 766,861 times
I think you're mistaken about Trader Joe's at RiverGate. I heard they were talking to a similar store a few years back but it turned out Steele Creek didn't have the population to support it. Lately I've heard that they're just behind on getting leases signed and don't want to move too quickly before they have the tennants lined up.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:27 PM

43 posts, read 30,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekansas123 View Post
Jakekansas,

Are you sure? Do you have a reliable source for this info? I hope you are right but I do not see it on their website at all.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM

518 posts, read 659,511 times
I can say that I have been dealing with a leasing agent for Rivergate and have not heard of Trader Joes. I am sure they would mention that to me while trying to lease a large space. That is not to say as a company they are not looking at the area. It would make sense to move that direction.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:54 PM

112 posts, read 77,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoemakerinc View Post
Jakekansas,

Are you sure? Do you have a reliable source for this info? I hope you are right but I do not see it on their website at all.
My friend is on the corporate side of trader joes out in California. He said that they are very eager to build a location in south Charlotte and are looking at the availability of the river gate expansion. He said there was 90% chance that they are going to build at river gate but if they don't they will find a place near by because they took a pole of the people going to some of the trader joes and a large amount were commuting from south charlotte. You're probably not going to find any information on it so sorry you're going to have to take my word for it. I can't wait though, I'm so glad I no longer have to drive for thirty minutes just to go shopping.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 PM

10,532 posts, read 6,181,334 times
I can see a Trader Joe's going in that area. It would draw folks from the immediate area, across Lake Wylie over to Tega Cay, and south into Fort Mill.

I think a Firebirds might work well there, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte