U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 AM

286 posts, read 667,707 times

Advertisements

Just had my yard aerated planning to put some top soil in low areas yard. I only need 2 cubic yards should I purchase the bags from Lowes or purchase bulk. I live in Huntersville. any recommendations ? And what is a good price. I just had a quote for 2 cubic yards for $ 180 includes delivery.

thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 AM

36 posts, read 152,607 times
Wallace Farms on Eastfield Road is a great place to buy topsoil and mulch in bulk. I believe they deliver, but you can save money if you own a truck. They also sell topsoil by the 40 lb bag.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:57 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,932,140 times
I 2nd Wallace Farms. I've gotten topsoil from there before. They will fill up a truck or trailer, you drive onto a scales, and they charge you based on that. It's much cheaper than the hardware store. If you need compost or mulch, go to the North Mecklenburg recycling center on Hwy 21. They sell high quality mulch & compost at very low cost.

Some advice. If you buy a bag topsoil, make sure it's sold by weight, 40 lbs, and not by volume. The volume based bags are full of organic matter which will decompose and you will end up with a lot less soil in the area needed. Lowes went to the volume based stuff a couple of years ago. Home Depot still sells topsoil by weight so I recommend that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or