U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM

85 posts, read 160,501 times

Advertisements

Not to hard to find

Stout Beverages, LLC
Mooresville, NC

Stout 21 alcoholic beverage, a brand new beverage concept entering the marketplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM

21,903 posts, read 27,179,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man From Utopia View Post
Not to hard to find

Stout Beverages, LLC
Mooresville, NC

Stout 21 alcoholic beverage, a brand new beverage concept entering the marketplace.
Interesting. . . The Business Journal says that this guy is connected to NASCAR. The county commisioner in Shelby told the Star that there's a background in brewing. If the company is not connected to another brewing company & is headquartered in Mooresville, it begs the question, why Kings Mountain?.

Maybe it's a spin-off from an existing company backed by NASCAR money.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM

12,427 posts, read 7,472,986 times
Okay, so its not Stoudt, it is actually Stout. A search for the company's CEO, Cody Sommer, shows that he has only been the CEO of the brewery since last July and his Linkedin profile says he lives in Charlotte, NC. Previously he was the Charlotte Region Marketing Director at Wave Energy Drink (A energy drink made in Charlotte that sponsors a NASCAR sprint cup team) and owner of Dixie Dirt TV (??). So I guess its a new brewery. Looks like he has a lot of connections in racing, so wonder if he has some silent partners who are race car drivers? Just seems odd that he would go from regional director to having a tv station to owning a brewery in under 2 years.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,936,707 times
In the past, Sam Adams brewing has used third party breweries to brew a majority of their beer. The last sentence in the last paragraph in the New Breweries sections states that 95% of Sam Adams beer is brewed at Sam Adams Brewery company owned Breweries as of 2009. Stoudt could possibly have been one of the third party brewers. You can read a little more about it in the second link.

Samuel Adams (beer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Boston Beer Co. (SAM) Stock Description - Seeking Alpha

Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,516,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
In the past, Sam Adams brewing has used third party breweries to brew a majority of their beer. The last sentence in the last paragraph in the New Breweries sections states that 95% of Sam Adams beer is brewed at Sam Adams Brewery company owned Breweries as of 2009. Stoudt could possibly have been one of the third party brewers. You can read a little more about it in the second link.

Samuel Adams (beer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Boston Beer Co. (SAM) Stock Description - Seeking Alpha
Sunday confirmed there is no relation to my speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Okay, so its not Stoudt, it is actually Stout. A search for the company's CEO, Cody Sommer, shows that he has only been the CEO of the brewery since last July and his Linkedin profile says he lives in Charlotte, NC. Previously he was the Charlotte Region Marketing Director at Wave Energy Drink (A energy drink made in Charlotte that sponsors a NASCAR sprint cup team) and owner of Dixie Dirt TV (??). So I guess its a new brewery. Looks like he has a lot of connections in racing, so wonder if he has some silent partners who are race car drivers? Just seems odd that he would go from regional director to having a tv station to owning a brewery in under 2 years.
Good job in searching more than what I was able to come up with.

So this guy possibly new to the brewery business entering a competitive market. Sounds like something you see on the show Shark Tank.
I can see it now, I want $200,000 only offering 10% and I have little sales but this company is worth millions.. want in?. hehe

Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

So this guy possibly new to the brewery business entering a competitive market. Sounds like something you see on the show Shark Tank.
I can see it now, I want $200,000 only offering 10% and I have little sales but this company is worth millions.. want in?. hehe
Sunny, I checked out the LinkedIn profile & checked out related searches. There's a tremendous amount of money behind this. I have no clue what they're up to. . .ginseng & taurine spiked beer?

The building will have to be gutted. It was a textile building that was later used by a pest control company, according to the Kings Mountain Herald. If this venture doesn't work out, the building will be much more marketable.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,516,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Sunny, I checked out the LinkedIn profile & checked out related searches. There's a tremendous amount of money behind this. I have no clue what they're up to. . .ginseng & taurine spiked beer?

The building will have to be gutted. It was a textile building that was later used by a pest control company, according to the Kings Mountain Herald. If this venture doesn't work out, the building will be much more marketable.

That what I was thinking too base on his energy drink background is that he going to make an energy drink beer or malt . He might tap into a niche with the latest craze is drinking red bull then beer.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM

85 posts, read 160,501 times
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,570,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Sunny, I checked out the LinkedIn profile & checked out related searches. There's a tremendous amount of money behind this.
All the money in the world can't help a brewery if their brewer is no good. I hope they get a good one.
It could be a nice little stop on the way to the other breweries that are going up in Asheville.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
All the money in the world can't help a brewery if their brewer is no good. I hope they get a good one.
It could be a nice little stop on the way to the other breweries that are going up in Asheville.
I hope it works out. This is a residential area. I don't know if they plan to open a pub downtown.

If it doesn't work out, someone in town might buy it. There's old money here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or